cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Are there any admins here?

If so, can someone tell me why none of the Radeon Pro Cards have the new AMD control panel?

I have a WX 4100, WX 7100 and recently bought 2 Radeon Pro W5500, which i am using now, and the AMD Control panel new UI isn't avaiblie in none of the drivers. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe I answered your question already.

You wrote: Well my main concern was none of the enterprise drivers enables the new GUI look

As I mentioned the new look starts with drivers based on 20.11. The current enterprise driver (20.Q4) is still based on 20.10.27.05 and the Adrenalin driver on 20.11.3.

On our driver page you can see the release dates of the upcoming enterprise drivers. 

I hope this explains.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

@fsadough  may be able to help you out. 

@fsadough, as mentioned by Pokester, is AMD Forum's expert on AMD Professional GPU Cards.  But he will need to know all the specific computer hardware and software you are using the GPU card with to help you.

Well i don't see a way to private message him, but as i mention above, i have a WX 4100, WX 7100 and W5500 and i use Radeon Pro Enterprise drivers, none of the drivers have the new amd control panel available. The drivers are still using the older AMD control panel. 

0 Likes
fsadough

Hi, Please be more specific with the system, OS and driver you are using. The new GUI is called AMD Radeon Pro
0 Likes

I'm using Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise also, Radeon Pro W5500, WX 7100, and i have use and tested all available Radeon Pro Drivers, none of them have the new AMD control panel, still using the old versions. 

My question is, why is radeon pro cards still using the old UI amd control panel instead of the newer one?

0 Likes

Send me a screenshot with the associated driver version

0 Likes

The only driver that i came across that enables the new AMD CP UI is these. Any other driver only shows the older control panel. None of the Enterprise drivers enable the newer control panel for my Radeon pro cards, you also might want to test it and see for yourself. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-11-2-vrt-beta

2020.11.30-00.49_01.png2020.11.30-00.49_02.png

0 Likes

Because the Older version of the AMD Control Panel (Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1) is much better and easier to use. That is why. 

If you want to see the new Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI with Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise then fit an ordinary Radeon GPU like a Vega 64 for example, and you will be able to see it. 
It looks exactly like the Gaming Driver GUI/UI with a few things removed from the home page, such as the useless Game Advisor  and Upgrade Advisor last time I looked.

Thanks.  

0 Likes

Well I'm using a Radeon pro WX 7100 and W5500, i don't mind like newer style CP, i like it. Doesn't seem to decrease performance or anything or cause any problems for me. 

0 Likes

AMD Control panel refers to older FirePro generation. You are still using the Radeon Pro Settings GUI and the new look starts with any 20.11 version.

Well my main concern was none of the enterprise drivers enables the new GUI look, only the newest most recent Adrenalin drivers. When are the enterprise drivers going to have it?

0 Likes

I believe I answered your question already.

You wrote: Well my main concern was none of the enterprise drivers enables the new GUI look

As I mentioned the new look starts with drivers based on 20.11. The current enterprise driver (20.Q4) is still based on 20.10.27.05 and the Adrenalin driver on 20.11.3.

On our driver page you can see the release dates of the upcoming enterprise drivers. 

I hope this explains.

Well hopefully this driver 2/10/2021 shows up, guess i will continue using the Adrenalin

0 Likes

Tel: 877-284-1566 (Toll Free)
Professional Graphics 24/7 support: 
866-284-2093 (Toll Free – English only)

call them and ask the amd support you will get faster help