cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hsiraah
Journeyman III

APU Graphics driver reverted back to old version after screen crash

I have an ASUS FX505DT with Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Graphics.

I recently updated my Radeon Graphics driver to Adrenalin 20.4.2 driver. All was good for two days. But suddenly on the third day when I opened my laptop, the screen crashed as I was not able to see anything. The fans and everything was working fine. So, I long pressed the power button to restart the laptop. I thought it was some random bug and did not take it seriously but later I realized that the Radeon Graphics Driver was reverted to the Adrenalin 19 version (I do not know the exact driver version to which it got reverted). I once again uninstalled the driver and updated it to the latest Adrenalin 20.4.2 (even did the factory reset during installation). After 2 days I faced the same crash followed by Driver reverting back to the old one (presumably the OEM one, not sure though).

It should be noted that both the times the screen crash happened when I opened my laptop (I have set the windows option of 'Closing the Lid' as 'Do Nothing')

The only closest thing I have found during my online research was this post - Does anyone have it: After Adrenalin 2020 update, some games will crash your graphics driver (screen... 

And the only solution from the above post which sounded applicable to me was to uninstall the Adrenalin 19 driver using DDU and install the Adrenalin 20 driver later. It doesn't sound that satisfying for me so I am not gonna do it.

I have to update my APU graphics driver as HYPERSCAPE, a newly launched game by Ubisoft requires support of Vulkan 1.2 on both the GPU and the APU Drivers

Edit 1 : So after getting pissed by this whole issue, I decided to settle upon the OEM drivers untill AMD resolves this issue and guess what?, faced the same screen crash when I opened my laptop lid after some hours of keeping it close. This time though, the driver version did not change.

0 Likes
4 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

I haven't seen that issue.

Next time it crashes you could try WIN+Ctrl+Shift+B combination to see if you can restart the graphics drivers.

0 Likes

I will try this the next time it happens and I have also updated my post 

0 Likes
enzymite
Adept I

How do i get back my OEM drivers. someone pls help. Previously i had at least 50fps in valorant with radeon 530 but after the adrenaline update for it, it changed to r7 M440 and the fps is 30. I really want my OEM driver back

0 Likes

Just google your "[your motherboard model] drivers" or "[your laptop model] drivers"

0 Likes