Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ferr
Newcomer

Apex Legends same fps on high and on low

For the last time I'll give it a try, so here we are:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GamingRam:
G.Skill DDR4 3600 16GB RipJaws V CL19 KIT (2x8GB)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X BOX (AM4) (with a bequiet! Dark Rock 4 cooler on it)
GPU: Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ SE 8GB
PSU: Seasonic Focus 650 Gold Semi-modular
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB
HDD: 1 TB WD

and even with the 5700xt, I can't achieve a solid 144 fps during the games, even on low graphics. I only have the texture filtering on 8gb, because it doesn't really have any difference in FPS between low settings and high, on most parts of the map, I have fps drops below 100 fps, and that's very disturbing during a fight for example. I think this setup could easily handle 144 fps even on high settings, but mine just doesn't want to do it. I'm using rivatuner, clean installed windows, I don't know what else I could do to have more fps in the game. Oh I forgot to mention im playing at 1080p on a 144hz monitor.

0 Likes
2 Replies
jaan95
Adept I

amd gpu is not optimized for apex legends. I sent several e-mails about that. they said they will work on it. whatever if you have trouble with high fps drops try to check gpu and cpu usage.

I only can help you about smooth gameplay settings. make sure ;

-use ddu for installing or removing gpu drivers.

-try to enable v-sync ( in game because freesync or v-sync in amd panel can't eliminate screen tearings)

- do not use any radeon settings except radeon chill. set to 143 fps if you have 144 hz monitor

- enable freesync

- disable windows full screen optimizations

- disable origin-ingame

-disable gamedvr on windows 10

I had same problems and still have some fps drops. make sure check your ram mhz on bios and re-install your windows 10 (clean install)

if you still have trouble wait for next driver, if you will have trouble again, go to buy nvidia graphic card for this game. I'm also waiting for new driver.

0 Likes

did all of these, nothing helped. freesync just worsens the latency

0 Likes