cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nolly
Adept I

Re: Apex Legends Is Crashing To The Desktop

Jus tried to play two games. Crashed to desktop after the freeze in minutes of landing in game. 

I5 - 3570k

GPU Rx580 8GB

RAM 16GB DDR3

Driver 19.3.1

wilmerroa64
Adept I

My best solution:

Hello, this has been the best solution I've found so far, only the game closes for the first time, it's reliable, like this:

in the ORIGIN, disable update the game and originate automatically and then this:
They go and create a text file on the desktop, open it and copy and paste the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ GraphicsDrivers] "TdrDelay" = hex (b): 08,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

Then they give it to "save as" and select "all the files and in the name they put" FIX.REG "and they give it to save.
Then they double click and accept everything.
that would be all, hopefully serve you.
0 Likes
juhzzin
Journeyman III

I've played for six hours with ReLive 19.3.2 no crashes since then.

painful8th
Adept II

Same issue on:

• Windows 10 64 bit home (1804)
  • i5 4590k, 16gb, no O/C
  • RX480 8Gb, 19.2.2 drivers

Running the Windows reliability report shows that I'm plagued by APPCRASHes with a bad_module_info identifier (sorry, debug output in Greek):

Προέλευση
bad_module_info

Σύνοψη
Σταμάτησε να λειτουργεί

Ημερομηνία
‎16/‎3/‎2019 11:54 μμ

Κατάσταση
Αποστολή αναφοράς

Περιγραφή
Διαδρομή ελαττωματικής εφαρμογής:    bad_module_info

Υπογραφή προβλήματος
Όνομα συμβάντος προβλήματος:    APPCRASH
Όνομα εφαρμογής:    bad_module_info
Έκδοση εφαρμογής:    0.0.0.0
Χρονική σήμανση εφαρμογής:    00000000
Όνομα ελαττωματικής λειτουργικής μονάδας:    unknown
Έκδοση ελαττωματικής λειτουργικής μονάδας:    0.0.0.0
Χρονική σήμανση ελαττωματικής λειτουργικής μονάδας:    00000000
Κωδικός εξαίρεσης:    00000000
Μετατόπιση εξαίρεσης:    0000000000000000
Έκδοση λειτουργικού συστήματος:    10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Αναγνωριστικό τοπικών ρυθμίσεων:    1032

Περισσότερες πληροφορίες σχετικά με το πρόβλημα
Αναγνωριστικό κάδου:    2fa587f61571ffe999423f2b2f32e164 (120792870519)

Tried everything I could, including Radeon overlay, switching to a max performance power profile, disabling the origin overlay... Issue happened some 7 times today.

0 Likes
nolly
Adept I

I've just tried first game on 19.3.2 and had a crash to desktop. gah

0 Likes
juhzzin
Journeyman III

Hi.. So i set 60 fps max (my monitor its 60hz) dont use monitoring programs like relive or msi afterburner if so its gonna crash. go to radeon settings and turn it off or alt + r .. I've played today for 4 hours and was fine for me. My rig its i5 3470+rx 5704gb +8gb ram

0 Likes
mozartsghost
Journeyman III

My crashing is that it simply freezes up and goes to the desktop. R9 290

I have found just ONE fix in all the ones i've tried, and honestly I'm not 100% happy with it, but it's playable for now and i've not crashed in days (around 10-15 hours of gameplay)]

Keep tweaking the FPS_MAX XX until you find a framerate that doesn't crash.

For me it was 71, I started it at 50 and it didn't crash for an hour, as opposed to crashing every 1-3 games. I then went up in multiples of 10 every single game (a little tedious initially) 

Soon as I got to 80 I had a random crash and so I went down in multiples of 5 and so on. Ended up at 71 so far and no crashes. 

Annoyingly I have a 144HZ monitor so I like to squeeze out every frame, but for now, no crashes. 

Other things to note

I have graphics all on low, with model detail high and FOV at max (just my preference) 

Full screen res

Discord

I have disabled all Origin overlay and settings, but again that's preference, i'm not sure if that affects the game

Properties of Origin and Apex are run as Admins and disabling the full screen optimization thingy.

Hope this works as I keep joining squads and see people disconnect randomly #feelsbad.

0 Likes
cowtown62
Adept III

i honestly cant believe everytime a buy a amd card i regret it. 380x constant crashs to desktop. rx 480 crashs to desktop.  now the rx 590 i just bought crash's to desktop. all different games different situations. luckily im in a position i can just bring the card in and buy a 1660 or 1660 ti hell i might just stick with my gtx 780. Ive tried a few fixs but im just kinda tired of these garbage products. Why should i even try to fix it? id just sell your cards and get some Nvidia ones to be honest. i tried the old drivers and the new ones i ddu uninstalled i have all overlays disabled its simple AMD's problem i dont know why people blaming developers pretty sure amd market share still not so great they just dont care about the minority. 

0 Likes
oceanmv
Journeyman III

Does every game crash to the desktop?

0 Likes
lechip
Journeyman III

If you are only changing your GPU and the rest of the system remains the same then consider that it could possibly be there is another software/hardware component that is causing the issue.

0 Likes