cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

neallord
Adept I

Re: Apex Legends Is Crashing To The Desktop

Potatomasher reporting in with the same problem of Apex Legends crashing randomly mid-game.

Using Crimson 19.1.1 WHQL <--

Specs:

i5-3550 

Asus P8H67-M PRO

Club3D AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB Royalking

2x4GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Game is installed on 7,2K RPM harddrive

0 Likes
grillmastercz1
Journeyman III

Hello i have same problem , one for cca 2-4 game crash to the deskop . I´m really sad because i dont know what i can do.  I test many tips for fix :   fps_max 60

Enable origins in game 

Reinstal origin

Reinstal Apex

Reinstal Drivers on graphics and got new patch 19.3.1

Lower details in game on low

Dont make alt-tab if i play 

Exit all programs what i dont need

But still not work good.

Please can you tell me what is still bad , what i can do better ? 

Are you working on fix this bug ? And how look it ? 

I read many post and don´t find normal answer.

Thank you for answer and for your work.  

MY graphic card is Radeon RX 580 nitro series.

eaterarena
Journeyman III

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB

Driver: 19.3.1

OS. Microsoft Windows 10

Reproduction: happens randomly in game, sometimes immediately when I drop, sometimes during closing out screen, sometimes while running around, no clear indicator.

Video Settings Used: The lowest of low. Texture Streaming Budget 1-2GB, everything off or low , sometimes insta closes the game, sometimes display freeze and then crash.

0 Likes
mariojunioorr
Journeyman III

The game Apex closes out here, at the jump of the ship, or anywhere on the map, randomly. You can not point to a specific place or situation for crashes, it happens out of nowhere in any situation, sometimes in the beginning of the game, sometimes in the middle or the end.

I've done all the tests possible. I put all the settings at least, I changed resolutions. The game continues to close on its own, without warning.

I have already formatted Windows and the crash continues, I already installed on SSD (OS) or HDD (OS) still the crash persists.

I have already put easy anticheat in low priority, without positive result.

I have already added multiple lines in the advanced startup options and the error continues to be frequent.

One thing I noticed is that Crash is occurring much more often on AMD graphics cards.

SETUP:  RX580 SAPPHIRE ESPECIAL EDITION 8GB

I5 7600K

8GB RAM

SSD 240 (SO)

HD 1TB

MB: GIGABYTE GA H270 GAMING 3

WIN 10 PRO 64BITS

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

You should try the latest driver see if that helps. If not report it to AMD (reporting here is only telling other users, who can do nothing):  Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes
neallord
Adept I

Tried the latest 19.2.3 as well to no avail. Game still crashes. Maybe older drivers will work, but for now i'll just wait for a patch from the Apex Legends developers. I don't really think this is an AMD issue since every other game runs fine.

pokester
MVP

0 Likes
frenziedmuffin
Adept I

For what it's worth I just installed a Radeon VII in my system and I played Apex last night for about 5 hours straight crash free. I had a 1070 before so I fully removed all my old drivers with DDU and installed the newest display driver. I ran Apex in full screen and windowed mode with frequent minimizing. No game crashes. Only issue I had was relive's instant replay wasn't attaching to the game but that's minor.

Ryzen 1700 OCd to 3.9GHz

16GB RAM 3200

M.2 SSD 1tb

Radeon VII @ stock using newest driver from yesterday.

1440p monitor

Also for what's it's worth my friends on Nvidia cards were experiencing frequent crashing while I was not either (when I was using a 1070.)

pokester
MVP

I found this page with a lot of explanation of issues and possible ways to help with crashing in Apex so see if anything here might help:

Apex Legends: How to fix freezing and crashing | Dot Esports 

0 Likes
neallord
Adept I

I checked the EA Apex Legends forums and the technical issues board show a lot of people having the same problems. Even people with Nvidia hardware, though less common. It seems people using AMD Phenom CPU's are having the most problems, weird because AMD bulldozer has a lot of similarities architecture-wise. They did state that these CPU's are not supported, but people using FX-6300 cpu's are also complaining. Game is a mess atm, the developers will need some time to fix the issues. I'm astonished by the entitled behaviour of people demanding a fix when it's a free to play game. Sigh...