cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pepperxx
Journeyman III

Apex legends freezing after drivers update

Hello there!, I'm slowly upgrading my old pc, earlier this year i got a rx570 graphic card, i play apex legends and im having this major issue after june update. The game freezes, everything seems to work fine but the game, which is stuck and always on top so it wont let me open task manager. On saturday i got a SSD. After installing windows my friend installed a different driver: Radeon Software Version 17.1.1. Which gave me no problems till I installed the one i should be using, Adrenalin 19.5.2. It Started freezing again so i had to go back on drivers. I'm well aware im not the onlyone getting this issue. Please can you check this out for next update.? I'm letting Respawn Ent. know about this issue aswell, ty. I'm sorrie if this not a problem of yours, i just dont want anymore time with this problem, have to try everything.

6 Replies
daniel131
Adept I

hey , sometimes the game freezez here also am a RX580 user , its not the driver maybe its the game 

0 Likes

Most the time when an Polaris RX570 or 580 is freezing it is a power ceiling issue. Set the power limit slider in Wattman all the way to +50, which is all the way to the right. See if that doesn't help. Also if you are throttling a custom fan profile that kicks the fan on 100% at about 70 will help.

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

Try install latest drivers 19.9.2 and update Windows . For my game run fine .

No crash and freezes.

RX580 8GB 

16GB Ram

I5 9400F

Win10 1903

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.

thanks all for the help, ill keep this old driver till a new comes up (not optional) in hopes it will fix this. 

0 Likes
preppybrain
Journeyman III

I have the same problem on rx470. I gonna try 17.1.1

0 Likes
hardreset
Elite

Why do you use drivers from 2017 if the game came out in 2019? Use latest 19.11.3

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes