Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thiim
Adept II

APEX Crashing 5700 xt 19.7.3

Hi
I have this Huge problem, as i can see many of you have
So AMD Pleace fix it!!!

APEX crashes, Big time, Screens is disconnecting, no video sent to them, 1-4 sec in the game. the POC frezzes, hard reeboot.

Tried EVERYTHING
no xtrenaly sensor recording, no discord, no v-syns, no this and that, no OC, all stock...

But Apex crashes hard!!

System
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus RX 5700 XT
G.Skill FlareX 2x8gb 3200MHZ (running 2400MHZ - Auto, just to see if it was that)
MSI x570 MB

WIN 10 Pro 64bit Build 1907
A LOT of cooling, temp under MAX load after 2houers max 90degrees (still hige, but hey)

Can play all other games i play, and can take Stress test for sevel hours, But Apex, NO

FIX IT... COme on!!
Even on the new 19.7.3 software.... PLEASE fix it...
Not fun for ones sponsor when i cant play the game, and just got a 5700xt!

1 Solution

I made is comment in another post: 19.7.3 driver released and it works!!!https://community.amd.com/thread/241684

I did some more testing to see which games run and which don't. All of my games, except GTA and Star Wars Battlefront II which crash at launch, run like normal. Seeing that so many people are having the same issue with other games like Overwatch, Apex, etc. I have also discovered that I can't watch any videos or movies in full screen. If I do, my monitors flicker and will eventually freeze me system. I have tried watching some videos on the Movies & TV app, but as soon as I stop moving the mouse my monitors black screen and the audio still plays. Moving the mouse brings the picture back up.

The only workaround that I know of since looking at these forum posts is installing the drivers without the setup execution. I was able to play all of my games just fine, but there are no Radeon Settings goodies. 

Uninstall current driver with DDU -> restart -> open device manager -> display adapters -> right click on the current adapter and select update driver -> browse computer for driver software -> locate the install directory folder that you've set up (example C:/AMD) -> check the little box to make sure that all subfolders are included -> restart computer.

Like I said, this worked when both 19.7.1 and 19.7.2 absolutely failed for me. If you're still using either one of these new drivers and you aren't experiencing issues obviously you have nothing to worry about.

My system specs:
Windows 10 (64-bit)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

XFX Radeon RX 5700

G.Skill Ripjaw V 32GB (4x8GB)

Corsair HX850i

View solution in original post

56 Replies

Hi...ok, so when you said you installed if from that folder, do you mean just the normal. Download the driver, and then normal install?

0 Likes

Yes, that's I meant to say. Sorry. Downloaded the new driver and then did the normal install.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks... Did you try it with APEX?

0 Likes

Yes and it launched and ran without any issue.

0 Likes

Niiiice!!

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

19.8.1 still freezing!

EDIT:  I'm gettign BSOD with the latest drivers. Great AMD, that's great....

0 Likes

Hi... I used the DDR and installed the 19.7.05 and can play apex, did you try the DDR??

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

It doesn't work since 7.7. when gpu has been released, I've tried everything, even things you can't even imagine man and only way is to throw that gpu to garbage because it's useless as-is in current state.

0 Likes

I have seen several comments on EA forum as well.

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

19.8.2 still freezing!

0 Likes

Mine is working... Just did the DDU and install the .5 driver and it's wokring fine ever since..

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

First of all, I'm sorry to spam your topic, but there is no other way someone will notice this problem.

Mine does not.

Now is even worst. With 19.8.1 I had BSODs so I had to downgrade to 19.7.x so I'll was able to use pc at all.
But now, with 19.8.2 my GPU goes up to 100% usage and it's termathrotling after my monitors went off due inactivity on pc (there is no apps running that uses GPU at all). Now I'm to scared to even leave pc turned on while I'm away cos GPU high temperature.

0 Likes

I Think im still using 19.7.9 or something like that. 

But after the DDU I worked for me. Don’t you think your card is broken then? Did you try to send it back??

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

It's not just me. There are thousnds of reports over the net with the same issue, so no, I don't think it's broken, drivers are problem.
Also my friend have the same one as I and his cards have same freezing and crashes as mine.
- BSOD, I wasn't the only one with 19.8.1 and BSODs, there has been multiple reports that I've seen
- Thermalthrotling while desktop idle has been marked on Release Notes as known "elevated memory clock at idle" for Radeon VII, so it's possible that the same problem is here on 5700XT.
....so, nope, I don't think it's broken.

EDIT: Gonna try new 19.9.1 now

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

19.9.1 still the same.

0 Likes

I realize its extreme, but if BSOD problems persist. Get a different disk and test a clean install of windows.

0 Likes
darkhelm
Journeyman III

Hey guys,

The only work around I've found for this is to install 19.7.2 from july 16th. Install only the video driver none of the Radeon software or audio drivers. I've found this cured all my problems with crashing in any game. Also note that the last 2 driver updates have not worked for me and I had to use DDU to go back to the one listed above.

0 Likes