Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thiim
Adept II

APEX Crashing 5700 xt 19.7.3

Hi
I have this Huge problem, as i can see many of you have
So AMD Pleace fix it!!!

APEX crashes, Big time, Screens is disconnecting, no video sent to them, 1-4 sec in the game. the POC frezzes, hard reeboot.

Tried EVERYTHING
no xtrenaly sensor recording, no discord, no v-syns, no this and that, no OC, all stock...

But Apex crashes hard!!

System
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus RX 5700 XT
G.Skill FlareX 2x8gb 3200MHZ (running 2400MHZ - Auto, just to see if it was that)
MSI x570 MB

WIN 10 Pro 64bit Build 1907
A LOT of cooling, temp under MAX load after 2houers max 90degrees (still hige, but hey)

Can play all other games i play, and can take Stress test for sevel hours, But Apex, NO

FIX IT... COme on!!
Even on the new 19.7.3 software.... PLEASE fix it...
Not fun for ones sponsor when i cant play the game, and just got a 5700xt!

1 Solution

I made is comment in another post: 19.7.3 driver released and it works!!!https://community.amd.com/thread/241684

I did some more testing to see which games run and which don't. All of my games, except GTA and Star Wars Battlefront II which crash at launch, run like normal. Seeing that so many people are having the same issue with other games like Overwatch, Apex, etc. I have also discovered that I can't watch any videos or movies in full screen. If I do, my monitors flicker and will eventually freeze me system. I have tried watching some videos on the Movies & TV app, but as soon as I stop moving the mouse my monitors black screen and the audio still plays. Moving the mouse brings the picture back up.

The only workaround that I know of since looking at these forum posts is installing the drivers without the setup execution. I was able to play all of my games just fine, but there are no Radeon Settings goodies. 

Uninstall current driver with DDU -> restart -> open device manager -> display adapters -> right click on the current adapter and select update driver -> browse computer for driver software -> locate the install directory folder that you've set up (example C:/AMD) -> check the little box to make sure that all subfolders are included -> restart computer.

Like I said, this worked when both 19.7.1 and 19.7.2 absolutely failed for me. If you're still using either one of these new drivers and you aren't experiencing issues obviously you have nothing to worry about.

My system specs:
Windows 10 (64-bit)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

XFX Radeon RX 5700

G.Skill Ripjaw V 32GB (4x8GB)

Corsair HX850i

View solution in original post

56 Replies

I am experiencing the same thing, but with GTA V. The game just out right crashes when it's booting up.

sherlock47
Journeyman III

I have the some issue when i was playing GTAV.

Thanks

nabuco
Adept I

I have the same problem with Fate of Atlantis. The game crushes! 3600x, Gigabyte x570Pro, 32 GB CL12 2400, MSI 5700XT

larsologe
Adept I

Same Problems with apex! It crash every 2 time in the loading Screen!

0 Likes
baney
Journeyman III

I recently just got 19.7.3 and its woking a lot better, though i thought. I can play apex for about 2-3 hours before my computer completely dies. I cant even shut it off so i have to manually flip the switch. Its getting better but this is rediculous. You need to fix this AMD please;

0 Likes
baney
Journeyman III

The parts dont matter its just the drivers in amd for the 5700 xt suck

0 Likes
pisolino
Journeyman III

I'm having same issues.

No matter what I do or which driver I use from 19.7.1 to 19.7.3 I get constant crashes. Every time I need to turn off and on my computer. I lost patience for this kind of stuff. Every game I try I crash, from Assassin creed, WOW, BDO, GW2 to ESO. I used DDU and fresh driver installs, fresh Windows install, flashed my bios, still nothing. Can't believe that any1 would release card like this. Mine is MSI Radeon 5700xt and it sucks.

I missed time period, now can't even return this card, at least not in my country. I'm so disappointed with this. Sold my Vega 64, now I wish I didn't. 

0 Likes
fubister
Journeyman III

Same but with Witcher 3

0 Likes

Several titles seem to be affected. Try some older games and see if they are working.

0 Likes

PUBG, Hunt Showdown, COD, CS:GO, are all working. APEX, crashed right away... Readon need to fix the gaming problems, or they will loose customers quick... This is bad for them!

0 Likes

There have been a few patches for Apex and I expect to see more patches as there are still a lot of bugs in that game.

0 Likes
patent122
Adept II

After two weeks of fighting I finally decided to start RMA process... Black Ops 4 is keep crashing my whole PC. I mean game still works without problems, perfectly smooth, 0 stutter etc. however when I go back to windows, Alt+Tab or just close the game everything is just frozen. Screen is totally static, I can still see cursor but I can't interact with anything. Restarting driver with key combination sometimes help but rarely. Driver is just crashing when playing this game, it's the most stupid and annoying issue I have ever seen so far with GPU. Reinstalling entire windows 10 and redownloading whole game which is 140GBs didn't help. At this point I rather have a GTX 1070 which would give me much lower but STABLE performance and every game would work.

I'm think about sending my RX 5700 XT back, and getting a RTX 2070 or 2080

0 Likes

check windows update:

KB4505903 applies to: Windows 10, version 1903, Windows Server version 1903. The OS build changes to 18362.267.

0 Likes

I made is comment in another post: 19.7.3 driver released and it works!!!https://community.amd.com/thread/241684

I did some more testing to see which games run and which don't. All of my games, except GTA and Star Wars Battlefront II which crash at launch, run like normal. Seeing that so many people are having the same issue with other games like Overwatch, Apex, etc. I have also discovered that I can't watch any videos or movies in full screen. If I do, my monitors flicker and will eventually freeze me system. I have tried watching some videos on the Movies & TV app, but as soon as I stop moving the mouse my monitors black screen and the audio still plays. Moving the mouse brings the picture back up.

The only workaround that I know of since looking at these forum posts is installing the drivers without the setup execution. I was able to play all of my games just fine, but there are no Radeon Settings goodies. 

Uninstall current driver with DDU -> restart -> open device manager -> display adapters -> right click on the current adapter and select update driver -> browse computer for driver software -> locate the install directory folder that you've set up (example C:/AMD) -> check the little box to make sure that all subfolders are included -> restart computer.

Like I said, this worked when both 19.7.1 and 19.7.2 absolutely failed for me. If you're still using either one of these new drivers and you aren't experiencing issues obviously you have nothing to worry about.

My system specs:
Windows 10 (64-bit)

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

XFX Radeon RX 5700

G.Skill Ripjaw V 32GB (4x8GB)

Corsair HX850i

This works for me  I can play Apex!!! (after a few hours, one crash, but still..  )

0 Likes

Do you know how/if i can get the Radeon App agian, so i can try and OC the card, and get the Video recording agian... After i INstall it like you sayd, my game is working, but the Radeon app is not there, think it's becaus the way we install the driver

0 Likes

I was unable to get to the Radeon Settings app when I did this, so I doubt you'd be able to get to it. This is because you're installing the driver without the AMD setup.exe.

0 Likes
larsologe
Adept I

I tryed all the fixes here in the Post Nothing worked i get freezes and god sometime withe 4x4cm pixel errors i get some time a blend grey screen witch only fixxes after restarting and this in like 10 diverent games and aplications!

0 Likes

Refund the card and get RTX 2060S or 2070. I'm returning mine tomorrow too. I bought this card to play games not to deal with stupid issues for two weeks

0 Likes
winkawaks
Journeyman III

in my case in used amd clean up utility then re-installed 19.7.1 it works fine.. maybe u can give it a try. works very fine for my rx 5700.

0 Likes
larsologe
Adept I

After Updating to 19.7.4 Apex is still not playable it hangs up after 10 sekonds in the load screen!

0 Likes

I traded my 5700XT for 1080Ti and all my problems went away. All games suddenly started working, no driver crashes etc...

0 Likes

patent122 wrote:

I traded my 5700XT for 1080Ti and all my problems went away. All games suddenly started working, no driver crashes etc...

The GTX 1080 Ti is Pascal and its mature for drivers. Its very powerful and it is probably on par with the RX 5700, the RX 5700 XT being slightly more powerful

0 Likes

1080Ti is faster, I actually saw barely any FPS gain before after switching from normal 1080 to 5700XT beside few games like BF5, SoTR and maybe Black Ops 3. I had worse fps in games like GTA5, Killing FLoor 2 and older DX9 games which were stuttering a lot... I had RX 580 before and I had 0 issues with it however after 2 weeks spent fighting with 5700XT I don't know if I will want to buy any AMD card ever again

0 Likes

patent122 wrote:

1080Ti is faster, I actually saw barely any FPS gain before after switching from normal 1080 to 5700XT beside few games like BF5, SoTR and maybe Black Ops 3. I had worse fps in games like GTA5, Killing FLoor 2 and older DX9 games which were stuttering a lot... I had RX 580 before and I had 0 issues with it however after 2 weeks spent fighting with 5700XT I don't know if I will want to buy any AMD card ever again

It may take some time for AMD to get all the bugs out of their drivers. Drivers are complex and it sometimes is devilishly hard to find bugs.

0 Likes
davef_73
Journeyman III

Apex legends is broken with this card. 20 years PC building experience, No card has this amount of issues. Currently reverted back to an R9 290 with zero crashing issues. 

Please hotfix patch for Apex like you did with GTA5. Game black screens no matter what, 30+ hours of trouble shooting. Every trick in the book, every setting change, every feature disabled. 5 minutes or 2 hours it WILL black screen and crash the PC.

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

19.7.4. and problem is still here. Nothing has been fixed at all!

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

19.7.5. and problem is still here. Nothing has been fixed at all!

0 Likes

Hi

have you tried DDU and installed the new driver?

0 Likes
gogo
Journeyman III

I've reinstalled whole OS, multiple times. AMDs change log says it's a know issue, so they have to fix that in the next updates. So nothing has been fixed yet and there is no fix for now, not for me nor anyone else until AMD release fix for this.

0 Likes

Can you link me to those release notes? Thanks!

mysticode
Adept I

Same issues with MSI RX 580 Gaming. Any updates out there for anyone on their progress in fixing this?

0 Likes

I used DDU as previous told here in this tread, and installed the .3 driver throw the manual way, not by AMD way, and can play APEX now

0 Likes

mysticode wrote:

Same issues with MSI RX 580 Gaming. Any updates out there for anyone on their progress in fixing this?

19.7.5 is available, I suggest DDU and then install this driver and see how well the game works

0 Likes

Posting another update. The new 19.7.5 driver has been released and now all of my games play perfectly fine. I have left all Global Graphics settings at default "off" and haven't even touched any of the Display settings. The only I've added was the Radeon Relive feature. Maybe it's just the driver or maybe it's because I didn't bother activating any of the global graphics settings or display settings and recommendations. Whatever it is, everything works now as it should for me. I don't know if you will experience the same thing.

0 Likes

Did you DDU the old driver and then just double click the driver, or did you open in safe mode and go to your GFX and update the driver from there?

0 Likes

I DDU'd the old driver and then double clicked the new driver.

0 Likes