cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hunganh
Adept I

AORUS Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G (rev. 1.0) crash + black screen

Hello, I have a GIGABYTE AORUS Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G graphics card. Every time I play games or do heavy tasks or playing games  after a few seconds, the screen goes black and there is no signal. But still hear the background sound of the game. When I restart my cpu it deletes all the drivers of the card display. I have tried reinstalling win10, reinstalling the AMD Radeon software. I am very confused. Hope you have any solution to get rid of this problem?Thanks

My Configuration:

Core i9 9900ks

ram corsair 32gb

mainboard z390 aorus ultra

PSU: Seasonic 1000w

HDD : 10TB

SSD: 512GB

Pls help me :((((

16 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

@hunganh hello there! Please read the following:

this post:
RX 5700 XT - crash types and reasons - AMD Community 

this entire thread/topic
RX 5700 XT - general overclock info - AMD Community 

After reading these and hopefully understanding the issues,
look up your rated boost clocks here and try them with 1100 mV (P3 boost state)

Make sure your hotspot temp stays below 90°C.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

How to  increase voltage +10 mV 

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also had an Aorus RX5700XT 8Gb and had the same problems. My solution: No BIOS quick start and set the PCI Express from Auto to Gen 3 or 4. Deactivate the network and in Safe Mode with DDDv18.0.3.9 remove all graphics drivers and restart. Then just install the driver 21.9.2 without adrenaline and the monitor driver, deactivate Windows Update beforehand, the network can be reactivated. The problem now is the standard setting of the graphics card from the Radeon driver, with me core clock 2100 and core voltage 1184. But at Gigabyte mine is with base 1770 Spiel1905 and Boost 2010. I tested with Afterburner profiles with FurMark and saved 5, from core clock 1350-2010 and Kernvoltage 100-1125. Valhalla runs with 1350 and Doom Eternal with standard settings, which is probably due to the graphics machines used, try what is possible with yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On Friday I only installed the Radeon driver 21.9.2 cleanly. Before uninstalling everything else (MSI Afterburner, FurMark) and using DDD, network card deactivated, all graphics drivers removed in safe mode. Then the display driver and the Radeon graphics driver installed, network activated. In Valhalla then FreeSync MSAA high and graphic details set extremely and lo and behold, the game runs smoothly so far. Let's see if that will last?

I've tried everything but it still doesn't work

:((((((

Do you have any other solution?

@hunganh well, you could start by posting some screenshots of your settings.
"tried everything" "does not work" will not get you any further.

What exactly did you try? Describe in detail.

---
Do I have other solutions? try to follow this guide step by step
(or did you already try that, too? ^^)

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

I have tried using DDD(DisplayDriverUninstaller), Reinstalling AMD Radeon software, using MSI Afterbruner software but it doesn't work. Do you have any other way? Thank you

0 Likes

Use MSI Afterburner and please try these exact values:

Core Voltage (mV): 912
Power Limit (%): +0
Core Clock (MHz): 1725
Memory Clock (MHz): 1750

-> do not forget to "Apply" the settings
-> and then see if you still get crashes

Make sure you are not using Afterburner and Radeon Software at the same time.
Radeon Software should be closed (better uninstall it) while using Afterburner.

You could also try to modify those using more power tools.

Maybie leave discord for someone to help. Never modify any other settings as these could damage your card.

Adding 10mV is very safe and propably needed in your case.

@RPX100 

Use MSI Afterburner and please try these exact values:

Core Voltage (mV): 912
Power Limit (%): +0
Core Clock (MHz): 1725
Memory Clock (MHz): 1750

-> do not forget to "Apply" the settings
-> and then see if you still get crashes

Make sure you are not using Afterburner and Radeon Software at the same time.
Radeon Software should be closed (better uninstall it) while using Afterburner.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 21.9.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.0 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 3.09.01.140 ]

hi, i tried your solution, it works very well in some light games. But when I play heavy games like No Man Sky, Cyberpunk 2077, Microsoft Flight Simulator, .. my computer gets a black screen, when the black screen the fan on my vga stops but I still hear the sound of the game. Do you have any other solution?. Thank you RPX100 for supporting me a lot.

@hunganh did you monitor your graphics cards temperatures?

The problem you are describing could be a thermal shutdown due to overheating of your GPU.
I have encountered the exact same behavior with my own RX 5700 XT before.
I opened up my card and applied new thermal paste and new thermal pads to solve this.

---
Please use either MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z to monitor your temperatures while playing
the games that are crashing for you - look for GPU core / memory / VRM and hot spot temperatures.

GPU core and hot spot should stay within < 20°C to each other:
-> GPU core temp < 70°C | hot spot < 90°C

- GPU memory temp should stay below 75°C
- GPU VRM temp should stay below 90°C

---
Please have a look into Windows Reliability Monitor:
-> there might be some errors shown there, that can help us understand what happens.
-> let us know about any Windows Hardware Errors (WHEA) you can find there.
-> post details about any errors you see in that list

Anonymous
Not applicable

So my temperatures are in the safe range GPU RX5700XT at 70-85 degrees Celsius and CPU Threadripper 1900X max. 70 degrees with GiBy Aorus Liquid Cooler 240 and 2 case fans. Since you can only install the Radeon driver, I use Afterburner and FurMark to test the graphics profiles. Valhalla last ran reliably, but with Cyberpunk 2077 with the frequent video sequences in the game, known problem, I had to create a new profile with core clock 1905 (2100) and core voltage 1150 (1184). In brackets are those used by the Radeon driver, which are set again after WattMan and restart. It is interesting that after a crash the core voltage does not change to standard (1184) but has changed minimally by a few mV since driver 10/21/2. I don't think that's a good thing, so I'm not surprised when problems arise again after problem-free gaming. As I suspected, a combined hardware and software problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently playing Cyberpunk 2077 and also had problems in the game when switching to video sequences and back. I set my core clock to 1905 and core voltage to 1150, fan power +10 and in the game the graphics to medium, motion blur off and anisotropy to 4, then ran without problems. At Nvidea, the games are tested with the graphics cards and a safe graphics setting is made in the game, which has always worked perfectly with my old GTX 970.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, no hiring is successful in the long term, no matter what one hires. I suspect that the Radeon graphics driver does not act statically but tries to optimize itself until it crashes. Then the graphics driver creates the basic setting anyway. I haven't had such massive problems with a graphics card since Crysis, I've had quite a few in this segment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After several game crashes today in Valhalla I deleted the driver in safe mode with amdcleanuputility without a network and then reinstalled driver only, restarted and activated the network card. Then I could play through again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today I installed the new driver 21.10.1 and tested it with FurMark with the basic setting core clock 2100 and core voltage 1184. From MSAA off + 2 + 4 + 8x = FPS 176 + 110 + 61 + 31 from core clock 1800 + 1910 + 2030 + 2065 The setting MSAA off and 8x is not stable for me with a black screen, but this could also be due to my HP w2207, which is over 13 years old, with 1680: 1050 and 60 Hz. I have set the Valhalla MSAA to low according to Valhalla and it has worked so far.