cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

bobalazs
Elite

AOpen 24MV1Y P 1080p monitor has 4k resolution in list all modes options

I have 1080p 165 Hz monitor as main display, and also a 4k 60 Hz TV connected to the GPU in extended mode.

Running windows 11, in PC screen only setting, that means 1080p screen active 4k tv off.

Now to get to the root of the problem is, i noticed that i can set 4k resolution 60 Hz to the 1080p gaming monitor, which is weird, but what's bugging me is that i set display to 1080p 165 Hz. Start playing a game, and the game runs at 60 fps when vsync on, meaning that monitor is running at 60 hz. Switch to windowed mode = BAM 90 fps.

Mostly this happens when game (Outward, DS) is set to full screen. Other game works properly only in windowed fullscreen mode, sometimes.

I'm losing the remaining hairs on my head because no idea what kind of glitch this is.

I should not be able to set resolution higher than its native res at all.

CPU: i5 8600K @ 4600 Mhz
GPU: MSI gaming x rx 480 4 gb
21.10.2 radeon software
PSU: Cooler Master V750
MB: MSI Z370-A PRO
2x16 Gb 3200 Mhz ddr4
Ozone Strike Battle 10keyless
Logitech G102
Monitor: AOpen 24MV1Y P
windows 11

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes
1 Solution

Dumb as it is, i didn't check manufacturer's website.

Aopen Fire Legend 24mv1y-p has color profile and monitor driver in the support section. So guess what? Loading it in device manager fixed this issue.

Seems like was Windows issue after all.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT

View solution in original post

6 Replies

List all modes is the capability of the graphics card, the current resolution/refresh rate should be shown highlighted in the list.

Good chance you'll also have higher res. listed in the Display Resolution drop down list also.

Can't say about the rest of your issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

List all modes is the capability of the graphics card

No, bro. It lists the capability of the graphics card and the monitor.

And to be specific, a 1080p monitor is not capable of displaying 4K. 

Unless VSR (virtual super resolution) which option is not listed in the driver at all, so it should not have been enabled at all.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Well, yes and no. It is documented (by MS) that you can set those options to see how it would look if you would want to choose moving to a different (usually higher res. monitor, or other in some circumstances) if graphics card and monitor support it (on desktop/browsers from what i know/found).

I doubt that is your problem, unless you tried to use it for gaming ?. Of which i have never tried.

VSR is supported on RX480 (not sure if 4GB card is a limitation).

One possibility, Windows is reading your TV as main display ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Well of course it is reading the tv as the main display. I didn't mention that because I came to the same obvious conclusion.   What's not right is, when tv screen is off because in windows extended display setting is off, pc screen only setting is applied, meaning only monitor is displayed, for which the max capability is 1080p, the 4k setting in windows should not be available.  This data is usually just read from EDID that states the monitor's capabilities. 4K is not shown up in games, mind you but in windows only. So pretty sure this is a windows issue actually - or a mix of gpu driver and windows issue.

It is documented (by MS) that you can set those options to see how it would look if you would want to choose moving to a different

I  don't know where you've seen that, but before VSR (or another gpu that does not support the function) it wouldn't allow you to see higher resolution than your native monitor resolution. In other words if what you say is true, i should be seeing 5K and up resolution because my gpu supports it. (but neither does my tv or monitor)

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Maybe you should try https://elevenforum.com/

I know their sister 'ten' forum has article links/tutorials on 'list all modes'/multi monitor setup, things may have changed with 11?

0 Likes

Dumb as it is, i didn't check manufacturer's website.

Aopen Fire Legend 24mv1y-p has color profile and monitor driver in the support section. So guess what? Loading it in device manager fixed this issue.

Seems like was Windows issue after all.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT