cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joji
Adept I

Anyone else having driver timeouts with the 21.3.1 drivers?

It's been happening a lot today on my desktop PC.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series

7 Replies
Smoothy
Journeyman III

Yup.

not only time outs but ever since installation had 4 crashes with same message

"Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

Please tell me im not alone.....

0 Likes
Smoothy
Journeyman III

Yup.

not only time outs but ever since installation had 4 crashes with same message

"Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure"

Please tell me im not alone.....

0 Likes

I did when I was using it. But I'm back on the 21.2.1 drivers. 

"I did when I was using it. But I'm back on the 21.2.1 drivers. "

**bleep**... I might do that as well. I am so disappointed the last months with AMD GPU drivers.... I don't think my next card will be AMD to be honest.

0 Likes

I got around fixing the error by changing the performance setting.

I chose the manual mode for controlling the GPU frequency and was surprised, because the maximum level is marked at 2504 MHz. Remembering the maximum frequencies of my card and running the stress test built into the driver, I found that the driver drives the card as much as 2.6+ GHz. I assume that the driver has an error in the frequencies/overall performance settings of the video cards. I set the maximum frequency to 2340MHz (the maximum GPU frequency in OC-mode for Red Devil 6900XT) and passed the 3DMark Time Spy in one breath. The game no longer hung and did not fly out (I hope not to jinx it).

0 Likes
VValdemar
Adept II

Ryzen 7 2700X, 6900 XT, X470 Chipset, 32GB RAM, 1 KWt PSU.

I have read reports on the internet about this error with other video cards (RX 560, RX570, Vega 8, 540X, RX6800XT, RX5600XT). The dates of the posts were after November 2020 (apparently, when the December update).

Changing the graphics card settings in the driver helps little. Lowering the settings in games helps even more.

Do you have a 21:9 monitor ratio?

0 Likes

No, I have two 16:9 monitors... And it's not happening in games. It's happening browsing the internets... like watching YouTube. I will play with the settings in AMD Radeon Software... see if this helps....

0 Likes