cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cimamura
Adept II

Anyone else crash with Ghost Recon Breakpoint Vulkan?

Today I installed the new beta driver and got Breakpoint up and running. Set all settings, and off we went. By the way, if you need to know how to start in Vulkan, have Uplay up, and click Play, and it will drop down with regular BP and BP (Vulkan). Anyways, I was excited to see some testers already said performance was better. Here we go!

Windows 64 Home 1909 (all updated)

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon R9 Fury X (20.3.1)

intel i7 5820K 3.3

It loaded way faster, the textures loaded nicely, and was panning around to enjoy the visuals, and freeze....looping music....black screen....im at the desktop....not again. After a few, windows killed the program, and thus, The Division 2 DX12 bug, is now mutated into the Vulkan bug. I couldnt play for more than seconds. This is the weird part, the small AMD Settings icon in my tray, started popping up another, then a third, like it was trying to reload itself. Then when the game force quit, 2 disappeared.

So in short, DX 12 had killed Resident Evil 2 (2019) and The Division 2, and now Vulkan has killed Ghost Recon Breakpoint. DX 11, bravo my friend, the little engine that could. Cant WAIT to see what the new Ultimate DX12 is all about (yes that was said with sarcasm)

20 Replies