cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

motorbit
Journeyman III

Any way to unlock fan control?

i do own a r580x graphic card. exept for my graphic card, my computer is very quitet when idle. i have tried to use the radeon software fan control to fix this, but i find the fan control of the radeon software to be highly unsatisfying:

if i set a manual fan courve, i can not set any fan speed below 1200 rpm, witch will make some noise.

if i do not use the fan tuning, the driver will stop the fans entirely when the card is colder then ~57°c - HOWEVER, as soon as my card hits this threshold, the fan will spin up to 1500 rpm, making quite some noise, and then stop again. this will result in fans off for 2-3 minutes, fan on for 30-60s. this is very very annoying and much wose then just to set 1200rpm due to the chaning noise witch is much more disturbing then a steady one.

my question now is: WTF?

why cant i just set 600rpm? this would keep my card at below 55° without any noticable noise. i can use 3.d party tools do do this yes. but why? i do not want to start yet another tool just to set the fan speed i want. the radeon software has this feature - why does it not allow me to to do what i want?

is there any workaround? i understand that i could mod my bios to get where i want, but i also understand that this would mean i also had to mod each and every driver update because the radeon software then woudl flag my bios as faulty, so thats a bad solution too.

any advise? i am quite annoyed.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I have the RX580 Pulse OC...and I have the 19.12.1 drivers with a Intel Processor. The only thing I change in the game profile (Wattman) is the Power limit..I have it at +30 (Max).

Everything else is left at default (automatic) except for Zero RPM which I turn off

I have never had a game or app run over 63c and quietly...43% is high. Now this may be due to Sapphires cooling solution and OC...but I never found a better setting for my card. I also felt better by rebooting my computer after any change before I used it in a game. Sometimes they don't stick if you don't.

0 Likes