cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

malgis
Journeyman III

Any way to have both the blockchain driver AND the Ryzen 5 2400G?

Hello,

I've ran into a problem: built a Windows 10 system with a Ryzen 5 2400G (an APU) and the RX Vega 64 GPU. Now if I try to install the blockhain driver, it won't recognize the iGPU. However if I'd install the WHQL driver for the APU, the same driver would be applied to Vega 64, overwriting the blockchain driver.

If I try to reinstall the blockchain driver after the APU driver, the system crashes badly, to the point where even the RESET button won't respond. Same happens if I try to update only the Vega 64 driver (in the Device Manager) to the blockchain version.

Here's the question: is there a way to have both an APU, with an APU driver, and the Vega 64, with blockhain driver? Maybe there are plans to update the blockhain drivers for compatibility with newer products?

The only way I found so far is to keep the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver for the APU, and the blockhain driver for the GPU, which is also not convenient, since the generic driver is causing other problems.

Thanks a million in advance!

Kind regards,

Algis

0 Likes
1 Reply
quintleo
Adept I

No, the blockchain drivers have NEVER in any of their versions supported ANY APU at all.

0 Likes