cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Any Problem with Reverting to Previous Chipset Drivers?

I've been getting quite a few odd problems during the last couple of weeks that I can't figure out where they're coming from. Next on my list of trying to figure things out is reverting my B550 chipset drivers from the latest (version 4.11.15.342) to the previous (version 4.09.23.507). Is there any problem with doing this? Do I just go into Windows' Settings > Apps > Installed Apps, click on the "3-dots" menu for the AMD Chipset Software and tell it uninstall?  Then reboot and install the older version?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Some info https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Are you running the latest BIOS for your motherboard? 

What are your "odd issues"?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Yep.  Latest BIOS, drivers, etc.. AFAIK, I'm all up-to-date everywhere. The problem I'm seeing is that certain programs (mostly Calibre ebook manager and its tools) will not necessarily visibly start when I click on them. But, if I look in Task Manager, they'll be there using a bit more than 10% of the CPU. When that happens, if I continue launching copies, those'll start, but each additional copy uses about 10% more of the CPU. At first, I thought this was a problem with Windows Security (Defender). So, I put in exceptions for the program's folders.  It still happens.

This started with my old installation of Windows 11 21H2. But, it continued through 22H2 (and a new install, at that). I think the issue started about the time I upgraded the chipset drivers to the latest version. But, I'm not sure.  Another possibility is Adrenalin, since I also updated that at the same time.

I just tried turning off GPU acceleration in QT Webengine (which Calibre uses). So, I'll give it a bit more time to see if that fixes anything.  Oddly, this version of Adrenalin is supposed to have fixed GPU acceleration in things like Chrome.

0 Likes