cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daeronrt
Journeyman III

Any fix for this bug on RX 580 + Freesync montor leading to (Lost Signal/Black Screen)

So finally ,after searching arround a lot of sites, I found that the reason for getting black screen during gaming it's because there's no frame cap (Vsync) on some game leading to black screen and forcing to pull the plug and hard reset my pc. The issue it's simple: IF you have Freesync ON while your game doesn't  cap the frames at the same refresh as your monitor, it would lead at this error.
 The thing is that I'm a user of both worlds, competitive and single player, and I can't use my Freesync Monitor (AOC G2460V 75hz) because cause of that issue....  Some titles like ARK or even Bioshock Infinite (relative old titles that over exceed that refresh rate) has this issues.

Some of you would suggest just to turn off the Freesync feature but I EXCLUSIVELY bought this monitor and this GPU to take advantage of that feature (which makes me very upset for knowing that it won't be fixed). Anyways  I would like to know if there's gonna be any feedback/fix from this problem (I'm not the only one who has this issue), or should I just accept this as a lost cause and consider the competition for my next upgrade?
 Thanks for your time and I hope to those who has this issue find this post helpfull.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Alisaie
Journeyman III

This issue is probably still ongoing. The screen blacks out or flickers. In my environment, it happens while playing games (APEX, BDO, etc.) and while playing youtube.
My current PC configuration is below.

Windows 11 pro
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4Ghz
ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

Gskill F4-3200C16-8GTZRX (D.O.C.P 3200MHz)
MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR MK2 8G OC
LG 34UM59-P (HDMI 2560×1080 75Hz)

WD Black NVMe WDS500G2X0C
Seasonic SSR-850TR

0 Likes

Hi @Alisaie 

My GPU is Asus Dual OC RX580 8GB

Thanks for steping by, just an update on the issue I could "solve" my issue by underclocking (to AMD stock clock)+undervolting my GPU, I could semi-consistently reproduce this issue ussing the stress test tool provided on the AMD driver and leave my settings as default. I suspect it's and overheating error due to memory shortcut since it takes a little bit to the issue ocure (pass the 30sec test)  but after a fast system reset and stress the problem apears again before the 30 sec mark.
I already tried a new monitor this time with 144hz and and change my old UPS but the issue still persist so no doubt it's a GPU hardware issue. 

I'll attach a print of my current settings. So far this issue is not happening unless the configuration is reseted and AMD drivers set my coniguration by default. I recomend to save your settings so you can quick load them again in case if needed. Captura.PNGCaptura2.PNG

0 Likes