cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

sylvean
Journeyman III

Any AMD GPU driver is making my pc freeze on a Black Screen

So a few months ago when the new Catalyst Center was released the driver made my pc crash, so i removed the driver and couldn't install any new driver.

So now i'm having a GPU that runs, gets recognized halfway by windows (as AMD ATOMBIOS, with the classic windows driver) but no longer once i install the driver.

Also when i'm installing the driver i have a black screen during the installation or during the restart once the installation "finishes".

I've tried many drivers, tried changing the slot on the motherboard but nothing is working, what else is left ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Any AMD GPU driver is making my pc freeze on a Black Screen

Need to furnish some more info about your computer > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes
sylvean
Journeyman III

I would have put them since the start if they were really relevant since i tried so many possibilties, but here we go :

SAPPHIRE RADEON 7850 2GB

Running on W10 Mainly (Same issue on 7,8.1), MOBO MSI Z77A-G43, CPU Intel i5-3570k

Screen ASUS vx248h on VGA and HDMI,

Power supply Antec 520w

8gb or ram

0 Likes
g00mba
Adept I

im having the exact same issue with the most recent drivers. shame on you AMD. the last somewhat stable drivers are still the 16.2 this whole year of drivers have been a fail after fail. this is getting old, FAST.

0 Likes
sylvean
Journeyman III

So far from what i've seen AMD support staff only answers to ask about the specs of the PC but never tries to find a solution, and there's no way to directly ask the support. welp.

0 Likes