cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

5700xt
Adept II

Re: Antialiasing is not taking effect in DirexctX®9 applications on RDNA graphics

Jump to solution

Problem continues in 21.2.2 driver - reported via the Radeon bug reporting tool.

5700xt
Adept II

Re: Antialiasing is not taking effect in DirexctX®9 applications on RDNA graphics

Jump to solution

Problem continues in 21.2.3 driver - reported via the Radeon bug reporting tool.

EFermi
Challenger

Jump to solution

Can confirm for at least some games: FEAR and Postal 2 don't receive antialiasing when overriden. That sucks royally, since P2 has no in-game AA at all, and FEAR cant handle both soft shadows and AA simultaneously. Some people suggest using FXAA through ReShade or MLAA from driver, but I hate how they often miscalculate object edges and there are random miscolored pixels here and there on the edges, that's gross. So I have to play without AA at all, and that's vile. I can only imagine what torture people with 1080p/1440p monitors have to endure. 

Driver 21.2.3.

BrokenAngel67
Adept II

Jump to solution

OpenGL games like Minecraft are suffering from the same issue. AA isn't getting applied at all. The problem is not just in games, its affecting everything else. There are weird graphical issues in video as well.

I'm playing games at 1080p and its absolutely awful. Its either the software isn't working as intended or the drivers are unstable.

It seems like reverting to an older driver doesn't work either.  

5700xt
Adept II

Jump to solution

"It seems like reverting to an older driver doesn't work either."

AA in DX9 on RDNA never worked since release of RDNA graphics.

BrokenAngel67
Adept II

Jump to solution

"AA in DX9 on RDNA never worked since release of RDNA graphics. "

Apparently, AA doesn't work regardless of the type of graphics or DX version at the moment. The culprit is either the drivers or the software.

5700xt
Adept II

Jump to solution

What the hell - I never thought this would happen: AMD, you did it, you fixed it!
Problem solved in 2021.3.1 driver - Supersampling works like a charm in DX9 on 5700XT!
Thank you very much AMD!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EFermi
Challenger

Jump to solution

That's great! Can anyone confirm that for old and non-DX9 (OpenGL) games like Half-Life, Unreal, Quake 2, Postal 2 etc.? Also, did you try FEAR with soft shadows on? 

0 Likes
kahless_uk
Elite

Jump to solution

Not fixed here.

OpenGL still works but AA has no effect on FEAR with or without soft shadows

EFermi
Challenger

Jump to solution

OK so just so you know: AA still doesn't work if overriden in Postal 2 and FEAR, neither in multi- nor in supersampling mode. In-game AA works just fine, checked with FEAR (but you can't have both soft shadow and AA simultaneously, and in 4K, I can kinda sorta live without antialiasing, but it's still far better with it), PainKiller and Crysis (although Crysis is a DX10 title, technically). This is really annoying, it's been literal months since 6900XT launch, and we're still at square 1 with the issue. Just make it work. Use ordered grid supersampling if you can't fix yours, just get it done. 

0 Likes