cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnhardyiv
Adept III

Re: Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020

FWIW, same corruption w/ AA set to use application settings (supersampling chosen as method though) and AF set to 16. Note that Links2k3 didn't have individual settings for AA or AF in its graphic options, it's all coming from Adrenaline. Apologies for sidetracking the thread.

Links 2k3 no AA override and AF set to 16.png

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is there any change is supersampling if left at the default setting rather than set as the chosen method?

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

There is no change, corruption remains I tried multisampling and adaptive multisampling.

It also doesn't make a difference if you choose 'Enhance application settings'.

0 Likes
5700xt
Adept II

Same problem with 5700xt and DX9 Trainsimulator Zusi (www.zusi.de): Change the Anti-Aliasing to Supersampling has no effect. With every Driver since Roll-Out last year.

Supersampling works with RX580 and Vega56, but not with 5700xt.

0 Likes
lcountach
Adept I

To add to the list of games other than Oblivion. Off the top of my head. Here are some games I remember testing. Skyrim VR (I suspect is DX9), Test Drive Unlimited 1 (DX9), Serious Sam (Stand alone versions), Serious Sam Fusion, Space Engineers (DX11?), and Contagion (DX9?)

The Serious Sam games supported DX9, DX11, and DX12 depending on the version being played. The only one of that bunch where Anisotropic filtering override worked was SS Fusion in DX11 mode. I think the issue extends to more than just DX9 games.

Because Anisotropic filtering override didn't seem to work in anything. I retested several of the games to see if Anti-Aliasing override worked. After three or so games testing AA override not working. I just got frustrated with the whole mess and stopped testing. As new driver releases come out. I occasionally retest Skyrim VR or TDU to see if things are fixed. So far they are not.

temurzyn
Adept II

Anitaliasing and AF settings still dont work under new 2020.3.1 driver. Seriously, WTF AMD?

temurzyn
Adept II

Is there any hope that it will be ever fixed? Things have not changed with 2020.4.2...

lcountach
Adept I

I too hope things are fixed soon.

rainingtacco
Elite

What is not working? Leave the option to be decided by the game and that's all. Do you try to force AF on games that don't support it? 

lcountach
Adept I

Not... sure what mean by "Leave the option to be decided by the game and that's all." If you mean "Is that the only option?" Then No. There is an ON/OFF switch to override whatever Anisotropic Filtering settings the game does or doesn't have. The switch simply doesn't work. Its not a matter of a game "Supporting" it or not. As far as I know. Through the drivers, all games can be forced to use Anisotropic Filtering. The last 20 years of experience using exclusively Nvidia products before getting my 5700 XT has show me all games can be forced to have AF on. From reading your wording, perhaps you are confusing "Anisotropic Filtering" with "Anti-Aliasing"? In that case, there are a small number of games that don't support it AA.

Regardless of all of that. The overrides for both AF and AA in the Radeon Drivers almost never work. This is most noticeable in older titles that dont have ingame toggles for these settings and relied on the drivers to switch the features on and off. BUT it is still an issue in some newer games where the devs neglect to add the toggles in game. This leaves the user SOL if the driver overrides don't work either. Not a nice place to be after spending hundreds on a new GPU.

Its like buying a new house and the electrician neglected to connect the light switches. You can flick them on and off all you want. Yes you are standing there in your nice new house. However, your also standing there in the dark. Not a good feeling.

AMD please fix this.