cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnhardyiv
Adept III

Re: Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020

The problem continues; anisotropic filtering not working in 20.8.2, Links 2003 (and anti-aliasing artifacts, fwiw). amdmatt

[Bug] Graphic corruption w/ AA, and AF setting not recognized in Links 2003 w/ R5600XT & 20.8.1 ... 

0 Likes
5700xt
Adept II

AA and AF not working in 20.8.3...

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Looks like same problems again in 20.9.1.

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

Use reshade in the meantime for AA. AF i don't know how to force it. Maybe try nvidia inspector? Dont know if it will work on amd gpu but its worth a try. 

0 Likes
temurzyn
Adept II

Still not fixed in 20.9.2.

5700xt
Adept II

Still not fixed in 20.10.1.

5700xt
Adept II

@AMD: Are you going to fix this someday or will the DX9 AA/AF setting never work for Navi cards?

On Non-Navi cards like RX580 or Vega56 Anisotropic filtering and Anti-aliasing works fine.

rainingtacco
Challenger

People should know this -you don't buy AMD to play old games. NVIDIA has better support in that regard. 

0 Likes
lcountach
Adept I

Unfortunately... I have to disagree with the "People should know this by now" statement. There is no disclaimer anywhere that says "Don't buy AMD to play old games." And the fact that it's in their character not to care does not excuse them from negligence. The product "Is" supposed to work. As a first time AMD/ATI buyer. I was totally caught off guard by their lack of interest in fixing bugs like this. Ohh, and by the way. This user manual override of AA/AF settings not working is not limited to just DX9. It just happens to manifest itself more often in DX9. I tried several DX9, DX11, and DX12 titles and only one DX11 game responded to the override. Just yesterday I ran into another DX11 title that didn't seem to work. Arizona Sunshine, it clearly seemed to be using something that looked like ancient Bilinear Filtering and not AF. I have AF forced on globally and it was obvious it wasn't working. No... I can't say they get a pass from me. But who am I? Just a lowly disappointed customer. My voice and the others in this thread don't wield enough financial impact to warrant a care from AMD.

0 Likes
johnhardyiv
Adept III

No go in 20.11.1.  I joked in my other thread that maybe we'll have to see if the functionality jumps a generation from working in Polaris to not working in NAVI to whatever is next.

I've actually got my 590 and 5600XT installed in the same box and bounce back and forth whenever there's a new driver hoping the 5600 will finally work w/ AA and AF.  Sigh.

0 Likes