cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

curse127
Adept III

Re: Anisotropic filtering under Adrenalin 2020

Is it really amd still not corrected? I sent a report to amd in October ...

Now checked - not fixed.

In Life Is Strange (1 part), the inclusion of smoothing MSAA causes artifacts at the borders of the characters' bodies. Still...Безымянный1.png

Безымянный2.png

ftwd
Journeyman III

AF and AA don’t work very well in Microsoft FS2004 and FSX-SE. FS9 especially noticeable in widowed mode on Win10 RX5700xt.

I know these are old programs but are still widely used.

Please, please find a solution

temurzyn
Adept II

2020.5.1. and still not fixed.

This is ridiculous - they create a drivers with feature switches that just do not work and they not care.

My next GPU will be Nvidia.

lcountach
Adept I

Yea... I hate to say it but I too may switch back when the time comes. I very much dislike Nvidia because of all the anti customer actions that have taken. Especially the constant raising of prices and shifting of lower class chips to higher class names and price brackets. AMD pulled the same thing with the 5000 series but... I decided to give them a try. Unfortunately and again I hate to say it but... Nvidia's stuff usually just works.

I really don't want to go back. Its like going back in an abusive relationship. Unfortunately... AMD is like being in a relationship where your wants and needs are neglected. A case of pick your poison I guess? Such a shame!

0 Kudos
johnhardyiv
Adept III

While many of the AA issues were fixed in Links 2003, anisotropic filtering is not being applied to Links 2003 when set in the game profile of Adrenaline. This remains an issue in 20.5.1.

[Bug] Graphic corruption w/ AA, and AF setting not recognized in Links 2003 w/ R5600XT & 20.5.1 ... 

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
johnhardyiv
Adept III

Thanks, though the issue isn't a regression w/ 20.5.1, it's existed for months now.  While at least w/ Links 2K3 with driver 20.5.1 is a giant step forward w/ fixing its graphic corruption; the lack of anisotropic filtering continues, and goes back to the first 5600XT supported driver.

FWIW - AA and anisotropic filtering work fine w/ 20.5.1 and an older R390 and RX590 card on Links 2K3, but of course we want new metal.

5700xt
Adept II

Antialiasing settings still dont work with 5700xt, DX9 and new 20.7.1. - Lets test the new Bug Reporting Tool...

0 Kudos
5700xt
Adept II

Same behavior with 20.7.2...

0 Kudos
tanuki88
Adept I

Same for Death Stranding - anisotropic filtering not working.

0 Kudos