cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cocokoko
Journeyman III

Anisotropic Filtering preview driver may 2022 problem

I usually put the anisotropic filtering setting globally at 16x in the driver settings, because I have a lot of old games.

Playing The Witcher 3 (dx 11 game), the distant textures are noticeable blurred (no AF), bypassing even the game settings that is 16x. Disabling the feature in control panel the texture filtering return to work as it should.

With 22.5.1 and previous drivers this issue was not happening on my end. Someone else?

Using a RX 6600xt

0 Likes
4 Replies

The driver-based AA and AF is only for DX9. It says so on the tool tip. Don't bother using either of them unless its on a DX9 game without them. Especially when you've made the connection that it breaks things.

0 Likes

well, like I said before, I play older games. i'm trying to give feedback

0 Likes

Witcher 3 is DX11. Do it on a per-game basis, not globally.

0 Likes
loki1944
Adept II

Yeah definitely the last time I buy an AMD card; they just either screw up drivers or are missing features. My Nvidia cards can do forced 16xAF in any older game; whether DX9/7/6 or OGL; AMD cannot do it at all. Great examples are Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (2001 engine/2002 game  DX8) or The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006 game DX9). AF is atrocious/nonexistent with AMD cards/drivers but works flawlessly with my nvidia cards/drivers. 

0 Likes