cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dieudeglace
Journeyman III

Amnesia the dark descent bugged UI

After the driver updates in 2021 and on wards there has been a severe issue with Amnesia the dark descent, one that occurs when using reshade or sweetfx.

The issue in question is that when you boot up the game the entire screen is bright white (only when a shader of any sort is selected, it used to be specific shaders; however, as of now its all of them) and when you pause the game or open your inventory this white screen effect happens again and again. I switched over to nvidia back in 2021 and never saw this as an issue with their drivers; however, NVIDIA has issues of their own which is what brought me back to AMD.

I could simply just not use reshade, but its a graphics injector that I enjoy using and this issue only occurs on windows. On my arch Linux build using MESA drives the issue doesn't exist. Again this was never an issue prior, but only became a thing in 2021, my assumption back then was that it was my RX580 showing the end of its life, but now I'm on a RX6600 and the issue still persists.

Images below are copied from another user who posted this issue on reshades troubleshooting forums.

No Reshade 
With Reshade 

0 Replies