cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

daddychew
Journeyman III

amdow.exe and amdrsserv.exe crashing and restarting

I have a clean install of Win 7. As soon as I install the driver package and restart the system the mouse pointer keeps flashing between normal and busy. When I open Task Manager I see that under processes that amdow.exe and amdrsserv.exe are constantly starting and terminating. I have also tried it with Windows 10 and it runs fine for a while then the same cursor behaviour starts again.

I'm going to try disabling them, wish me luck hehe

Is this a common issue? Is there a nice simple fix that lets them run if needed?

Thanks for any and all help   

0 Likes
2 Replies
daddychew
Journeyman III

Renaming amdow.exe solved it, however now I have unrelated system problems. The motherboard needs replacing and may also have been the cause of the issue in the first place. Gotta love computers when that are working lol

randomusernameguy
Journeyman III

Just upgraded a dead Nvidia graphics card with a new AMD one and I'm experiencing this same exact problem!!! I've reinstalled the AMD driver software a few times and it keeps ending up at the same result, cursor flashing busy/not busy, those same two processes constantly loading and I think also causing performance issues (Radeon performance monitor says my VRAM is idling at 50%).

No idea what to do.

0 Likes