cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

JohanezTENSE
Adept I

amdkmpfd.sys error on boot up of laptop

Hello i really need help here. My laptop got bluescreen everytime im doing startup. It doesn't effect on restart, but only effect on shut down. This bsod make my laptop need to boot 2 times so i can't boot up fast. BSOD code is always the same, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (amdkmpfd.sys). I already delete software and drivers, system restore, Using DDU, update latest driver, reinstal windows, even reset windows it all doesn't work. I don't know what this system file do, but it only make my laptop bootup taking long.

HP-15 BA004AX

APU A-10 9600P

Radeon dual graphics (r5 graphics+ r7 m340)

Ram 8GB

HDD 1TB

Amd software 21.5.2

1 Solution
JohanezTENSE
Adept I

Also i have another solution for this error. You can delete your amd software from control panel, it also will delete your gpu drivers. Then you can search your gpu driver from vendor website. If you use HP laptop, you can search on google your laptop name. You can do step by step on this link video: https://youtu.be/u8y2cWxDBmE. If this won't display your laptop drivers, go insert in google search your laptop name with 'drivers'. After go inside the website, then go to driver-graphics option. download HP High Defination graphics driver. After that go start the download process then restart your laptop. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
JohanezTENSE
Adept I

Guys, i finished the error with weird steps. I delete the amdkmpfd.sys in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\amdkmpfd.sys. Then i uncheck turn on fast startup. After that i hibernate my laptop and when im shut down it then turn my laptop again, the error disapper. I really don't know what just happend, but im very sure im now save from bsod again

does this really solve the plroblem?

please help me, i have the same problem and i see this everytime i turn my laptop on,and then it restarts and boots up

for me, uncheck fast startup it will avoid you from bsod. I think it was from software version problem. But the second step, deleting amdkmpfd.sys doesn't work. So you can do the first step. If first step doesn't work, you can use DDU or deleting software then download the previous software.

0 Likes

your solution make new problem. after i delete that file, my laptop dont want to boot (failed booting).

For me to,i had to reinstall windows.

But i found a new solution,and it worked for me Simply uncheck the fast startup

0 Likes

uncheck fast respon make the problem solved, but when i finished playing game on my laptop and i wanted to shutdown my laptop, the problem reappeared.

0 Likes

Reinstall windows would never fix this problem. It was because the driver problem not the system.

0 Likes

How do you turn off fast boot up

0 Likes
JohanezTENSE
Adept I

Also i have another solution for this error. You can delete your amd software from control panel, it also will delete your gpu drivers. Then you can search your gpu driver from vendor website. If you use HP laptop, you can search on google your laptop name. You can do step by step on this link video: https://youtu.be/u8y2cWxDBmE. If this won't display your laptop drivers, go insert in google search your laptop name with 'drivers'. After go inside the website, then go to driver-graphics option. download HP High Defination graphics driver. After that go start the download process then restart your laptop. 

I have removed everything AMD from my laptop, and still get  the error on startup.  I would just like to delete the files in my registry, but they are some how 'locked' and nothing I have been able to do, will allow me to remove them.  (I *DO* access the registry as the Administrator!)

It is very annoying to have that come up all the time and it does slow down my boot.  How do I unlock them in the registry?

MC

0 Likes

Methods provided here might help you - Fix amdkmpfd.sys Blue Screen Error BSOD in Windows 11 or 10.

0 Likes
DanAsprilla
Journeyman III

have same problem here with same hp laptop..

so what's the best solution to solve this problem ?

0 Likes
JohanezTENSE
Adept I

use the solution that i've been accept. You can download download using hardware ids with driver identifier. Watch youtube to know how to update your laptop using driver identifier. You can also try to install the graphics driver using driver identifier.

1.Copy your graphics card's hardware ids.

2.Paste it on google

3.Download the driver on driver identifier web

4.Delete your graphics card's driver

5.Start the download process of your new graphics card's driver that you've been download on driver identifier

This is the best solution. Maybe the graphics card driver also doesn't support all games 

0 Likes

I have tried every solution i have found nothing seems to work it stops for a while then starts back up again.

0 Likes
JohanezTENSE
Adept I

P

0 Likes
juniormayhe
Journeyman III

This bluescreen error happens with AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series.

Driver date 11/05/2021

Driver version 27.20.20903.8001

Class Guid {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Hardware ids

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_682F&SUBSYS_05721028&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_682F&SUBSYS_05721028
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_682F&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_682F&CC_0300

Every 1st boot breaks Windows and only hard rebooting making it appear again. This happens in Windows 11 Pro (insider or not).

Resetting, reinstalling Windows won't help. Installing Dell vendor driver, older or newer from AMD won't work.
Disable the AMD display driver in Device Manager works but you loose the GPU.

I tried to disable the fast boot to see what happens but the bluescreen now triggers when waking from Sleep mode.

I disabled and removed the latest driver, tried to install the vendor original for Windows 10 but the installation fails, after this Device manager has shown an older version:

Driver provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Driver date: 21/08/2020

Driver version: 27.20.1034.6

I didn't install any older version of Intel Chipset driver and Intel management Engine Interface Driver.

It seems that waking from Sleep mode is no longer triggering the blue screen. But I'll be following up this.

0 Likes
muhammadbinillyas
Journeyman III

Just Disable Switchable Graphics in BIOS

Hi Guys, after spending a whole year I just found a solution to stop this BOD, just go to your BIOS/UEFI settings to turn Disabling your Switchable Graphics & enjoy your experience flawlessly.

Warning!!

Before doing this make sure your AMD graphics are Up-To-Date otherwise you will lose your Laptop Screen.

Thanks!!

hi Muhammad, can you provie a screenshot of this setting? I guess not everyone has this option because there are several types of BIOS software in the market.

This issue which I thought it was solved (because the problem didn't show up for a long time) still happens to me once a while in Windows 11. But in general, I would say this issue of freezing Windows happens less often compared to before.

Here my specs

• BIOS Version/Date: Dell Inc. A14, 17/05/2018
  • OS Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
  • GPU Name AMD Radeon HD 7700M Series
  • Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x682F), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
  • Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes
  • Installed Drivers C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0360518.inf_amd64_bb1458fc01b97b57\B360357\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0360518.inf_amd64_bb1458fc01b97b57\B360357\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0360518.inf_amd64_bb1458fc01b97b57\B360357\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0360518.inf_amd64_bb1458fc01b97b57\B360357\amdxc64.dll
  • Driver Version 27.20.1034.6
  • INF File oem31.inf (ati2mtag_R576 section)
  • Memory Address 0xA0000000-0xAFFFFFFF
  • Memory Address 0xC0FC0000-0xC0FFFFFF
  • I/O Port 0x00003F00-0x00003FFF
  • IRQ Channel IRQ 4294967289
  • Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\U0360518.INF_AMD64_BB1458FC01B97B57\B360357\AMDKMDAG.SYS (27.20.1034.6, 67.81 MB (71,104,624 bytes), 13/02/2022 11:34)
0 Likes

THANK YOU.  This worked like a charm.  All the other mumbo jumbo was worthless.  When I went into my BIOS, Dell even told me to not run Switchable Graphics unless......Anywho, no more BSOD on cold startup.  

Again, thank you to Muhammadbinillyas for the simple, easy to do,  solution.

MC

0 Likes
nishant
Adept I

i have solved this problem on my own through very simple methods .
No bios update , No 3rd party software installation , No windows reinstallation . Just follow the below steps -

THIS is for everyone whose drivers got currupted by ether incorrect driver updates or virus . And are unable to find the original drivers from manufacturers website  . This is very easy . Just follow the below steps . it will work 101%

1 -1st I went to device manager (by typing "Device manager") on the start menu . 
2 - Then I looked out for display driver list from the drop down menu (The graphic driver which is creating problems)
3 - I deleted the driver fully from the system  
4 -  then I went to the windows update section through settings on start 
5-  On the windows update section I clicked on "Check for windows update  "
6- After a few seconds you will see windows installing the Original AMD driver that you had deleted from device manager . You will see it on the drop down menu among other windows update that will be installing along with it.  
7. This installed driver will be fresh and new with no currupted files . 
8. You can check it on device manager . You will be able to find the reinstalled fresh graphic driver name (Only when it gets installed 100% through windows update )  . 
9 . Restart your PC  . After restarting . Shut down . 
10 . Start the laptop again  . There will be no blue screen . And you will never see the blue screen ever again after you turn on your laptop. 

Hope I am able to resolve the pain of many users who are facing this problem    . All the best & stay happy

0 Likes