cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jbiro
Journeyman III

amdkmpfd.sys & blue screen

Hey everyone i came here after 4 days struggling  with amd drivers install and reinstall and i hope to find a solution here .

so after installing new driver for amd card mobile all was good till i want to shutdown my laptop , after shutdown screen the blue one appear with error amdkmpfd.sys (this problem appear only if fast start up enabled) .

so any help or tips to fix this , also which driver should i download from driver page i always use 8730m bcz my lap come with that serie !

GPU - AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8500M/8700M - Discrete/Hybrid
VRAM - 2048 MB - DDR3
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) HD 8500M/8700M
Bus Type - PCI Express 2.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x8
BIOS Version - 015.025.000.007
BIOS Part Number - BR44270.001
BIOS Date - 2013/01/13 22:28
Usable Memory Size - 2048 MB
2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU - @ 1.70GHz 2 Cores
RAM - 8 GB

0 Likes
1 Reply
nishant
Adept I

i have solved this problem on my own through very simple methods .
No bios update , No 3rd party software installation , No windows reinstallation . Just follow the below steps -

THIS is for everyone whose drivers got currupted by ether incorrect driver updates or virus . And are unable to find the original drivers from manufacturers website  . This is very easy . Just follow the below steps . it will work 101%

1 -1st I went to device manager (by typing "Device manager") on the start menu . 
2 - Then I looked out for display driver list from the drop down menu (The graphic driver which is creating problems)
3 - I deleted the driver fully from the system  
4 -  then I went to the windows update section through settings on start 
5-  On the windows update section I clicked on "Check for windows update  "
6- After a few seconds you will see windows installing the Original AMD driver that you had deleted from device manager . You will see it on the drop down menu among other windows update that will be installing along with it.  
7. This installed driver will be fresh and new with no currupted files . 
8. You can check it on device manager . You will be able to find the reinstalled fresh graphic driver name (Only when it gets installed 100% through windows update )  . 
9 . Restart your PC  . After restarting . Shut down . 
10 . Start the laptop again  . There will be no blue screen . And you will never see the blue screen ever again after you turn on your laptop. 

Hope I am able to resolve the pain of many users who are facing this problem    . All the best & stay happy

0 Likes