Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dtshaw
Journeyman III

Amdkmdap Event ID 4101

Hello there,

I'll start by listing my hardware specs and going from there.

Specs

I5 2500k @4.7ghz

Asus Z68 V Gen 3 (lastest bios)

MSI Twin Frozr 390 (Stock clocks)

Drivers: Aderline 2019 18.12.2

8GB OF DDR3 Ram with XMP profile at 1600mhz

PSU Coolermaster V700

Windows 10 (Lastest updated/edition)

Well, now that's out the way. I'll start by saying that i am having the error Amdkmdap Event ID 4101 Flagging me a lot. It happens most when i load up a game, however. It does occur on the desktop/browsing and watching videos. I mostly get the game crashing, freezing, then coming back, then freezing then crashing again. It will ocasionally just lock up and i'll have to force a shut down.

The strange thing is.. it will work for a day or so and nothing will of changed and it will come back.

I have tried the following solutions...

Reformatted PC

Updated Bios

Used DDC in Safemode

Checked the 12v/7v/5v Rail on my PSU

I have tried 4 different set of drivers.

I have unplugged and reconnected the Graphics card.

I have changed the TDR to 8

I have reset everything to stock including the CPU OC and checked temps for the VRMS/GPU, all within the low to high 60s, same goes for the cpu.

There was one method in which i couldn't get to work. It was the Method 4: Rename atikmdag.sys file.. it was not in said location of C:\Windows\System32\drivers but in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313676.inf_amd64_96bbc33bec5c7fae\B313602 and i could not rename or do anything as Windows refused to rename it even after adjusting the file access parameters to me.

I am at a loss here. I have tried everything that i have troubleshooted what i have read online and more yet just when i think the profile has disappeared. It comes back and highly annoying.

Any help would be truly appreciated!.

0 Likes
1 Reply
dtshaw
Journeyman III

Bump ^_^

0 Likes