Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xaardas
Journeyman III

amdkmdap error with 5700XT RedDevil

Hello dear AMD Community,

i finally build me myself an new System. But is get randomly an "amdkmdap" Error. I am using an 5700XT RedDevil. I tried almost everything. Uninstalled Driver with DDU and Reinstalled it. DX Driver, Audio etc. Nothing seems to help. I could bet, that this is an software error because a friend of mine got his RedDevil a week after me and has the exact same Problems. I know that this could be some hardware Errors, but i am getting many results when i am trying to google for this Problem. So what is it now? An Software error that could and sould be fixed as soon as possible, or is there a possibility, that the RedDevil has some serial defects. I hope for the first but fear for the last.

Any Ideas or Help?

0 Likes
4 Replies
belgarionow
Adept I

It's not a RedDevil specific defect, I have the same exact issue with a Sapphire pulse 5700 XT and others have reported the same.

Tried different versions of drivers with clean uninstall through DDU, updated BIOS, updated chipset, turned off hardware accelleration on discord and chrome, lowering refresh rate. Still the screen goes black and drivers hangs.

So it condenses even more, that we have a serious Software defect here. Is it possible, that AMD comes out of the closet soon time to firstly acklnowledge the defect and then fixing it?

0 Likes
xaardas
Journeyman III

Okay i installes the newest BIOS and reinstalled the GPu Drivers again. I got the idea to check the temperatures and everything works quite fine with 29 to 55 °Celsius..........BUT The RedDevil Shows some really messed up Temps. According to GPUZ the GPU heats up to 98°C and the DRAM to 85°C. That aint normal right? I am usind the GPU in Silent BIOS.

0 Likes

Download FurMark software and test graphics card for 15 minutes with 800x600 resolution without AA and see maximum temperature. If the temperature is high, this may cause an error (amdkmdap). Reset WattMan settings before starting FurMark test. I recommend that you do not change WattMan settings.

0 Likes