cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Newest
Adept I

amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR [RX 570]

Hello, I wanted to know if any happened through this and if yo found a solution, the error is the following:

crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\120520-16937-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: amdkmdag.sys (0xFFFFF806732B5040)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFB403B3F90460, 0xFFFFF806732B5040, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000001, 0x3)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0361677.inf_amd64_38e4d1c55adc8927\B361561\amdkmdag.sys
product: ATI Radeon Family
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: amdkmdag.sys (ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).
Google query: amdkmdag.sys Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

I also attached a link with the detail that WhoCrashed threw. https://prnt.sc/vyogoo 
This happens when I play League of Legends, the screen goes black and the computer after about 3 to 5 seconds restarts and throws me this error for WhoCrashed.

I try older drivers and even the newest driver but this still happening.

9 Replies
Stileth
Adept I

I had now the same crash on RX470 with same error message.

I had only opened Firefox browser when the Windows just froze and stopped responding to keyboard and mouse.

But is happening basically several times per month regardless of driver's version. I've tried multiple of them, but this keep happening sooner or later.

Thanks

i hope we can find a solution

0 Likes

Add a TdrDelay to the registry. Not really a solution but it will give your video card more time to recover and avoid the BSOD.

TdrDelay.jpg

I think I've tried it before, but checking now its not there.
Oh well, lets try again.
Thanks

If you completely reinstall windows it goes away I believe. I'm not sure about what happens when you do a huge feature update to windows, but it's worth checking every so often to make sure it's in place. I gave my card 25 seconds. Plenty of time. My RX5700 XT has frozen playing Warcraft but it always recovers now.

0 Likes

It doesn't. I've tried so many things in the past, but none of them helped permanently. At some point this error starts again, so I think this is my last AMD card.
It's good that it somehow works at least for you.
0 Likes

I thought this had solved my problem, since I had no problems for a couple of days, but it happened again yesterday, what would happen if I increase from 25 to 35 for example or more?

0 Likes

You would just delay the inevitable as this is not a fix. It will basically take Windows bit longer to find out that your card is not responding. It might help in some cases, but it's not a solution.

Newest
Adept I

Also i forgot to mention, this is happening to me at least per 2 weeks and 1 of 2 games i got the "black screen" and then restart by itself

0 Likes