cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

KabouterPlop1
Challenger

AMD you can do better and more stable drivers.

Please list all known issues that users are having, just because you cannot reproduce does not mean they aren't happening, you have had a huge amount of cards being returned before more then Nvidia, driver issues have existed and they are back since 22.5.2

Please take us seriously, when i say i have a problem i have problem, but when many are having problem and im being told its just me that just enough, i dont wanna buy an Nvidia gpu they are greedy, dlss3 has proven that once again.

Please fix the blackscreen issues for many this is a dejavu moment but for users that have not had AMD gpu for long time its frustating to find out nothing is wrong with your hardware when its all down to drivers.

Even agesa 1207 still has a edc bug so i am stuck on agesa 1203c as result, i have no problems on 22.5.1 recommended drivers i have problems on 22.5.2 and up and same with agesa visions after 1203c.

https://youtu.be/1uynVO4ZXl0

If had a lot of blackscreens when using whatsapp desktop especially when doing video calls or when its running in the background, so i uninstalled whatsapp started doing video calls with signal.

I even tested if signal is stable since 22.7.1 and 22.8.1 and 22.8.2 and 22.9.1 all can trigger blackscreens under 2 minutes, i started video call with my self from phone to my PC it instantly blackscreened i could not even pick it up.

These issues started happening since i got a logitech brio webcam back in juli 22.7.1 is the juli driver, if noticed these problems with 22.7.1 bassicly been testing each driver since to confirm if its stable and always go back to 22.5.1 cos its the only stable driver.

i remember 22.5.2 being stable 22.6.1 was stable, i went back tested these drivers i would blackscreen when doing a video call for like 1 to 3 hours sometimes 10 minutes or 30 minutes.

this has been the case on any driver after 22.5.2 except select few that can trigger it instantly or within 2 minutes when flip model optimisations is enabled on windows 11 22h2

Please stop censoring your feedback and flagging it as spam, im seriously tired of this, i dont wanna buy an nvidia gpu but its more and more starting to look like this is my only solution, enough is enough.

These issues have been going on for years by the looks of it, and its time you fix your drivers once and for all.

1 Solution

Makes desktop stable but games aren't stable it does't fix game stability not even close you just freeze instead of blackscreen bassicly same thing but without blackscreen, desktop use apps etc never had gpu driver crash this probably cos of MPO, while games that freeze system are result of unstable drivers took me long time to realize but disabling MPO is not worth it downsides well if you use HDR its gonna look worse without MPO so don't bother just stick to 22.3.1 or 22.5.1 generally the best drivers or any older driver of preference.

Anyway best solution right now is install old drivers and hope its stable or give up and buy a Nvidia gpu i would stay away from rtx 40 series due to 12 pin issues i would rather settle for AMD driver issues

View solution in original post

0 Likes
164 Replies
skinner
Adept III

Drivers seem still a bit raw indeed. Using a 7900xtx btw.

Bugs like not working anisotropic filtering in several titles, esp. dx9 and 11, not working triple buffering, inconsistent perf. ect.
I think there is still untapped perf
left for this gpu.

I wish I could get in touch with someone from the driverteam.

0 Likes
Nick_Savage
Journeyman III

The resent update made my pc have less blackscreen crashes when running VRChat.

That did seem great at first. But now I can't run a whole day using EDGE, Chrome, Firefox and watch twitch without blackscreen crashes.

I did manage to get in touch with someone in AMD and their only respons after reading about my issues was "We see that you have done alot of testing. Try installing Windows10."
I did that and guess what? Same issue xD

I am on my second rx6700xt now, and I'm sending this back tomorrow. They will prolly send me a new one to use and its gonna have the same issues as the first two. BUT this is fine for me at the moment since I will just keep sending them back when they dont work untill its either fixed, refund me or give me a model with working drivers.

My gtx1070 runs smooth and without any issues. I wanted to give AMD a go and got the RX6700XT as a upgrade to my pc. But its been a complete mess since it arrived.

0 Likes
rekoj
Adept II

PC randomly freeze with latest Radeon drivers, error DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION

1 week i build a new PC with a 6700xt and a 5600x, i have updated everything, bios, chipset, drivers, W10 pro etc.
Everything works fine except that the pc randomly freezes (sometimes it can be after 1 or 8 hours etc ), then after a few minutes while frozen it shows a blue windows screen with this and reboots, i was using the 22.11.1 version because the 22.11.2 it makes my GPU have terrible coil whine. I have been researching and this happens to many people, they say that the solution is to use the 22.5.1 driver.
it is quite annoying to have to use drivers from 6 months ago because this problem has not been solved

rekoj_0-1674260917717.jpeg

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/pc-completely-freezes-randomly-if-i-m-not-using-22-5-1... 
here is another post with this problem 

0 Likes

Is the BSOD mentioning a Driver Time Out?

22.5.1 is also not without issues, depending on your gpu, though the consensus is that it is more stable.
I have a 5600XT and reverted to 22.5.1. But still I do experience black screen gpu driver time out crashes on it, though a bit less frequent.

To note: putting your system to sleep, in my case, after wake up the makes crash frequency a lot worse!

The coil whine, my experience was to set a fps limit via Radeon Chill on 200fps, because in game menu's when the fps went over 200 my gpu also generated coil whine. So this might help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

6700xt  22.11.2   I was in game and pc did freez and restart was need

0 Likes