Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ranmacanada
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD X470 USB 3.1 Gen2 issues

The only answer I got from MSI tech support was to send the board in for RMA and hope that they can fix it.  I said forget about that, and tossed the board and moved on.  Extremely upset, but MSI never did care about their customers.

0 Kudos
chamdgs
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes they told me the same, to RMA it but after seeing these reports I decided not to. In the end after heavily troubleshooting I found out that my issue was gone after reverting to BIOS V1.0, way before the release of Zen 2. If you still have the board and you're not using Zen2 I suggest you revert your BIOS back to whatever original BIOS it released with. I did not experience any problems with stability so far on my MSI B450 Tomahawk. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
isuke01
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

ACtualyl I have exactly same issue, this never worked, and still not, so only way to get it work is back to 1.0 bios?

0 Kudos
ranmacanada
Adept I
Adept I

As per reddit, it appears AMD is FINALLY taking this seriously.  There is a massive post in the amd subreddit with AMD wanting more information about this bug that affects a "small number of users" haha.

0 Kudos