cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DrunkRacoon
Adept I

AMD Vega 64 No Image after Update to 21.6.1/2 Radeon Software

After installing one of the 21.6. drivers, i always get a blank screen.

I could narrow the issue down to the refresh rate of the Monitor. Setting the Refresh rate to 60Hz works with the new drivers, i get an image, but the second i switch to 144Hz the screen turns blank. Up to the 21.5.2 that worked fine.

I am Using a Strix Vega 64 with an Acer Monitor connected via DVI-D. Is this a known issue or are there any workarounds at the present i am not aware of?

2 Solutions
DrunkRacoon
Adept I

Update:

I tried an active Display Port to DVI Adapter as a workaround and now i am able to use my Monitor with 144Hz.

The Adapter i bought is from Club 3D. Type CAC-1010

Most likely every "active" DisplayPort to DVI Adapter could help.

View solution in original post

Hooray! I defeated AMD, but at what cost .. I found a solution, without using an adapter, and I have already tested it, it works. Just one snag, I did not find the inclusion of the FSR function in the game menu (By the way, about the driver, I installed it on Win 10 Pro 19043, made a signature, there are instructions on the network, I understand that everything will work without it, but I wanted it so)
As for the method of treatment, before installing the new driver, I turned off 144Hz, and the HDCP function in the driver, made an export of the settings (21.5.2), installed 21.6.1, imported the settings, and voila! Everything is working!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DrunkRacoon
Adept I

Update:

I tried an active Display Port to DVI Adapter as a workaround and now i am able to use my Monitor with 144Hz.

The Adapter i bought is from Club 3D. Type CAC-1010

Most likely every "active" DisplayPort to DVI Adapter could help.

elthebest
Adept I

Hello, I faced exactly the same problem, I also own an Asus Strix Vega 56, with BIOS from version 64, and I have an Acer 144Gz monitor, also connected to DVi-D, do you use a Display port-DVI-D adapter? Have you found a way to use the new driver without any adapters?

0 Likes

Hi,

yes i am using the mentioned  (Solution) DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter.

I am Using an Acer GN246HL.

I don't have any other solution than using an active DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter. Maybe Amd will fix this in the future, but who knows how long that takes. If you want to use one of the new drivers, there is to, my knowledge, only the Adapter Solution for now.

Thanks for the answer, by the way, I have exactly the same monitor I was looking for a solution for several days, and no one could help, this is apparently just our problem. Okay, while I wait for new drivers, there are still no games in which I would like to see FSR support.

I have one more question for you, I understand that this is unlikely, but still, do you have a driver for the monitor?

0 Likes

No,

the only thing i found was this:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5230?b=1

That doesen't seem to work on win10 21H1.

It is ages old and designed for win 8.

0 Likes

Hooray! I defeated AMD, but at what cost .. I found a solution, without using an adapter, and I have already tested it, it works. Just one snag, I did not find the inclusion of the FSR function in the game menu (By the way, about the driver, I installed it on Win 10 Pro 19043, made a signature, there are instructions on the network, I understand that everything will work without it, but I wanted it so)
As for the method of treatment, before installing the new driver, I turned off 144Hz, and the HDCP function in the driver, made an export of the settings (21.5.2), installed 21.6.1, imported the settings, and voila! Everything is working!