cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

HarrisonSnalam
Journeyman III

AMD USB eXtensible Host Controllers

So one of the USB ports suddenly stopped working on my pc, so I looked at device manager and it had like a warning sign next to it saying ( "This device cannot start. Code 10"). So I disabled and enabled and then uninstalled and restarted, but then my PC didn't reinstall it so the USB port cannot work now. How can I install the driver again for it to work? I uninstalled a AMD USB eXtensible Host Controller btw. 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Are all the other USB ports working then except that one USB port?

Go AMD Download page or to your Motherboard's Download page and download the latest AMD CHIPSET for your motherboard.

Run the chipset and see if the latest resolves your issue which should reinstall the AMD USB driver.

But download Microsoft Troubleshooter app called Installer/Uninstaller and run it to prepare the computer to install the latest CHIP SET driver.

If not use Device Manager to guide the USB Extension Update Driver to the created installation folder C:\AMD CHIP SET. Let Device Manager scan the folder and see if it installs the USB Extension driver and any other USB that are having issues.

Or you can install Windows own native AMD USB Extension driver using Device Manager.

Also download this USB Program that is similar to MS USB program to check that one USB port and see if it mentions anything unusual. It is called USB TREE VIEWER.

0 Likes