Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

raiden1289
Journeyman III

AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller 3.10 - 1.10

Hi,

I've been having a problem with this driver, sometimes i plug an usb device to my front panel, then i try to use it but the entire pc stops working (bluetooth devices disconnect, the ethernet disconnects, etc) 

¿Can someone help me?

I have an AORUS ELITE B450 v2 with a Ryzen 5 3600 (updated bios)

It's a second hand mobo, so i don't know if i can send it back to the manufacturer for warranty :C

0 Likes
8 Replies

Here is Gigabytes Aorus 3 year Motherboard Warranty: https://member.aorus.com/global/productwarranty

I doesn't mention about the motherboard Warranty being transferred to another owner but it says it needs the Original Official Receipt.

Screenshot 2022-04-19 070908.pngScreenshot 2022-04-20 211944.png

I would ask the previous Owner if this is the reason why he sold you the motherboard and if the motherboard had this problem with him or not.

Have you tried turning off 'usb selective suspend' in advanced power options.

Or a rare possibility of usb bandwidth (hub) over population, there are Apps. that can check that.

Don't know about the ethernet cutout.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hi!

Yes, i turned it off previously while trying to fix this issue, but it keeps happening once in a while.

Regarding the Usb bandwidth over population, do you know some of these apps names? I've got 4 devices connected to my pc (mouse, keyboard, microphone and bluetooth adapter) and some of them disconnect when this issue happens. Sometimes when i connect a printer to my pc and try using it, this issue occurs.

I've got a Cooler master elite 600 V3, which is not 80+ certified, so the issue may be that the psu doesn't have enough energy for all these devices.

0 Likes

In the past there were AMD Motherboard USB Connectivity issues that were supposed to have been fixed by new Motherboard BIOS Updates.

But some Users were still complaining even with the new BIOS versions with the fix included. But I haven't seen too many until yours and a new thead that just opened.

I would open a Support Ticket with the motherboard even if it isn't under Warranty. They might be able to guide you to a fix.

0 Likes

Web search 'usbview/viewer, there's an MS SDK one, other 3rd party apps. You'll probably also find some articles/blogs on the subject. 

One blog example (not the download link) https://r1ch.net/blog/managing-usb-bandwidth-with-usbview

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Tracy013
Journeyman III

Maybe we'll just call it the USB plague. Mine was first noticed in 12-2022 and not prior to this on a system that began ~ 6-2019. MOBO=ASRock A320M (chipset) Pro4 with Ryzen 3 2200G , running Win10 Pro. It seemed to get better after through some advice from internet (forget where) changed the power level for PCIe bus from max to 'moderate' power savings. It always fails though on days of heavy PC use, usually involving internet just for things like email or online shopping/product research. Believe it is either a device design issue or Microsoft software issue or combination of both. Do not believe it is the fault of any specific MOBO manufacturer. Did write a 'bug' report to AMD in 1-2023; it's still out there. Also sent a report to ASRock in 3-2023. Have updated chipset drivers published by AMD about 3x in 2023, the last issued in 8-2023 which was installed today.

I used to get an audio system bell, that clued me that the failure has occurred; now am getting no audio clue. Can always confirm the failure in the Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, always at the 2nd of 3 AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller. If am online, the system no longer recognizes the ethernet connection (even though it is there). So if online, it shows that there is no internet. The failure seems to propagate through the system ensuring that the PC is basically unusable within ~ 10 minutes. If try to shut down nicely through the Start (windows) key, the shut down always 'hangs', and have to physically push the power button to shut down. Once restarted, everything is fine again, but usually will occur again within the hour if am using the system without a break.

So, this community seems to be saying, the problem is not tied to a specific processor, MOBO, or chipset. Hmm...
-- and just when am about finished with this edition/addition, the failure occurred again. Am still on the case . . .

0 Likes

Just a small correction to my last post.  The loss of audio alarm bell was in error.  Have been muting this frequently lately and that explains the loss.  Sorry for any possible confusion.

0 Likes
TumKo
Adept II

Take a regular Chinese USB tester and look at the USB voltage if it is 4.7-4.6v the problem is with the power supply, minimum limit voltage 4.9

0 Likes