cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Zombiehuntersinc
Journeyman III

AMD sucks!

I have the ASUS ROG Strix G10DK gaming PC, which is kinda useless for gaming being it crashes in just about any game you try to play and I keep getting this in my registry error message                                                                                                                                                    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\asussci2.inf_amd64_bf969a2fcea35523\ASUSOptimization\AsusOSD3exe                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        And no one seems to know how to fix it? Microsoft told me things to try but was no help! Asus told me some things to try but was no help! All my platforms I use for gaming couldn't help I can't seem to find anyone at work at AMD still never got a reply? Everyone thinks it could be my problem since I have a ACER Predator gaming laptop that runs the same NVIDIA drivers but runs on an Intel processor instead of the AMD processor, I have the same games on it and have no issues with game play or crashing. I have heard from people that say they have had trouble running AMD processors for gaming, I'm not sure what to believe this is the first PC I've had with any AMD components I've always had Intel in my PC's.                                                               DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT WILL FIX THIS ERROR?                                                                                                      

0 Likes
4 Replies
MikeySCT
Challenger

Hi, not sure if I can be of any help, but perhaps someone else is. But, it's important for you to list your components so we can have a better idea of what is going on. It could be an Asus software that might be causing the issue....

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
Skrybe
Challenger

Well considering that's an Asus App that's crashing and people regularly report problems if they put on *all* the standard Asus Bloatware Apps I'd be looking at Asus. It's worse since it's an app used to adjust gaming clockspeeds and (I believe) do an on-screen display. Chances are it's conflicting with something.

I don't have that particular PC but I have an Asus Mobo and I no longer install their entire suite because of problems. If they're installed I'd remove the non-essential Asus software (stuff like Crate, Gamefirst, SonicRadar, AI Suite, Overwolf) and just install the base drivers required from here:

https://rog.asus.com/au/desktops/mid-tower/rog-strix-g10dk-series/helpdesk_download/

And while you're at it make sure your bios is updated to the latest version shown here:

https://rog.asus.com/au/desktops/mid-tower/rog-strix-g10dk-series/helpdesk_bios/

I'd be starting there before getting to more serious troubleshooting. If that doesn't work, then you're going to need to post more information. Like what sort of crash (just the game, or does windows hard lock, is there a blue screen), what game, what in game settings and frankly a whole bunch of other info.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The model you listed is this one correct? ROG Strix G10DK | ROG Strix | Gaming Desktops|ROG - Republic of Gamers|ROG Global (asus.com)

If so have you tried any troubleshooting? Looking at the path you listed it appears the issue is with the AsusOSD3.exe file. 

First we need to know your configuration, next we look into possible solutions, this is trial and error for me because I am not familiar with or able to test things for myself. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
EmilG
Adept III

Mate, you bought a complete PC from somewhere and it doesn't work? Take it back to where you got it from and ask them to fix it for you.

0 Likes