Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

erich_et
Adept I

AMD StoreMI Bug, Boot Blue Screen

I discovered a bug in the software, which simply prevents Windows from starting
it happens when you define a SATA SSD with MBR partition table as cache, on the boot disk with GPT partition table
Windows starts to give blue screen during boot, and only goes back to normal if you disconnect the SSD cache

0 Likes
2 Replies
adjudika
Adept I

Could you elaborate a little bit more about how to disable the cache in ssd?

0 Likes

Ok, I'll explain everything that happened, I took my friend's PC to do an update, he put a new motherboard, processor and ram, just that he wanted to keep the HD, a 2TB HD, so how do I there was a 45gb SATA SSD that is no longer in use, I gave him the SSD.
I installed the components and formatted the pc, and installed the StoreMI, however when I put the SSD and activated the cache by the StoreMI, windows stopped starting, the first time it crashed on a black screen, after resetting the pc, it passed to display a blue error screen during boot
I formatted the machine 2 more times, and the same thing happened
The third time, when the blue screen appeared, I disconnected the SATA from the SSD and the PC turned on normally, without needing to format again
So I suspected that there was something wrong with the SSD, I connected it again and started a Linux distribution to test the SSD, in Gparted, it was stated that the SSD had a FAT32 partition so that it was larger than the disk, I deleted the partition , and I tried again
However, when I defined it as a cache on StoreMI, the error happened again, so I went back to Gparted to see the partition table, I saw that an MBR partition table was created, and I decided to switch to GPT
After the change, the cache started to work normally,
so I took the conclusion that the program does not know how to deal with disks that have an MBR partition table

0 Likes