cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AntLaw
Journeyman III

AMD software won't launch

So as of a couple weeks ago I cannot launch amd software. I cant record games or stream through the software, it doesn't open, the cursor spins and then nothing happens. I am running windows 10 and I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Ive tried deleting the CN and still nothing. I am at a loss and unsure what the next step to take would be. Anyone got any insight into the issue for me? Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange, that sounds like a firewall or administrator problem to me. Do not use any graphics card tool other than Adrenalin, not even the one from the card manufacturer, uninstall them all. Delete all graphics drivers with DDU in safe mode and install 12/21/1 after restarting. If that doesn't work yet, a certain procedure is described here in the community, also in my contributions. This prevents AMD and Microsoft drivers from fighting each other.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because this AMD Community only runs in English, I translate the text from German into English with the Google Translator and copy the English text as an answer. Such blunders are then present when the community page is translated into German. If you translate this directly in the answer block, I often get an error message that cannot be located, and after trying to save it again, I get the post-flooding error, corrosive.

0 Likes
Jayplays
Journeyman III

Hey there I have been having the same issue for the last few months I've tried everything from updating all the chipsets from the Cpu down to the bios ,Rolling back and completely re installing every bit of AMD software needed. Everything is updated and I've heard this issue seems to be persistent with a recent update with older GPU's and is a widespread issue.

I'm running an r9290x GPU on an Asrock 990 fx 8 core Board with AMD FX-8350 Cpu on a r990 fx chipset.

As per the reply I have already allowed exceptions through my firewall so this is not the issue.

I sent a bug report ticket but so far have not received any confirmation 

Hopefully there is a fix found for this soon 

if I find anything out I'll post it here 

Good luck and merry Christmas,

0 Likes

Perhaps try running the AMD uninstaller then reinstall your software.

0 Likes