cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

getmerkedxo
Journeyman III

AMD Software update disconnected my 2nd monitor

I just updated my 'AMD driver & software' via my AMD Radeon application on my PC. It recommended that I restart my PC. After it had reset my second monitor had been disconnected. i logged into my PC and my screen froze, then went completely black. i have managed to resolve the issue of the frozen screen, but my second monitor now isn't detecting. i have been to the setting in windows and tried to search for monitors but it isn't working. i had 0 issues prior to this driver update and my second monitor cannot be detected. i have tried changing my HDMI cables between the two and it is my secondary GPU that isn't detecting. Help please, I'm a bit of a noob with PC's so all help is appreciated. I'm using 2x Rx 580's i7-8700k 16gb ram

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
getmerkedxo
Journeyman III

update - uninstalled the

@getmerkedxo wrote:

I just updated my 'AMD driver & software' via my AMD Radeon application on my PC. It recommended that I restart my PC. After it had reset my second monitor had been disconnected. i logged into my PC and my screen froze, then went completely black. i have managed to resolve the issue of the frozen screen, but my second monitor now isn't detecting. i have been to the setting in windows and tried to search for monitors but it isn't working. i had 0 issues prior to this driver update and my second monitor cannot be detected. i have tried changing my HDMI cables between the two and it is my secondary GPU that isn't detecting. Help please, I'm a bit of a noob with PC's so all help is appreciated. I'm using 2x Rx 580's i7-8700k 16gb ram

Thanks

latest driver and reinstalled the previous one and it has fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
getmerkedxo
Journeyman III

update - uninstalled the

@getmerkedxo wrote:

Thanks

latest driver and reinstalled the previous one and it has fixed the issue.