cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AYDOUGH2
Journeyman III

AMD software problem

Ok so recently (for about 2 months) I've had the radeon software for clipping and recording video and what not. But recently after smooth sailing with it, I notice whenever I pressed my bind to clip (hotkey) it just wouldn't clip. So I looked in my hot key sub-section and for some reason the clip and record binds just totally vanished. They just don't work anymore and they're not on the page. So I tried to search in the program "clip" and nothing showed up. So I went into youtube and tried to look up how to clip. They all said you had to go to general and press "enable clips" for it to work. So I search "enable" into the software and nothing showed up. So I searched for as long as I can to try and find it and when I eventually found the section "general" there was no enable clips. So honestly, I'm confused. Anybody know what is happening? Because I sure don't.

5 Replies
AYDOUGH2
Journeyman III

I also forgot to mention when I got to the hotkey section, all I see is side bar hotkey and the open full screen hotkey

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Windows update is forcing an update that ruins the drivers and software. I had to, in this order, pause Windows update, then run DDU in safemode to remove the broken drivers Windows is forcing upon us, I use the cleanup and restart option, then I had to reinstall the functioning drivers from the AMD site. Windows will keep forcing the broken drivers to install if you don't pause Windows update. I hope someone at Microsoft fixes this because the drivers used to be optional and they are listed as such but they keep reinstalling when Windows update is not paused.

Good luck. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Update

Lots of people don't like the idea of 'stopping/delaying' Windows updates. I won't get in to that. Here is a way to prevent Windows Update installing any drivers. This does not effect the security, quality,  patch, or any other type update...they are presented as normal.

In short...you don't have to worry about WU installing (changing) AMD graphics drivers.

This is done through group policy:

Type gpedit in the search bar...follow > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

kingfish_0-1645080656072.png

On the right side scroll to Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy and double click it. Select the ENABLED option.

kingfish_1-1645080655899.png

Click 'Apply' then OK.

Reboot your computer.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Can confirm this method worked and I was able to un pause my Windows updates without worrying about Windows automatically downloading the GPU driver update that kept breaking the Adrenalin software.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Somehow I don't have the option Do not include drivers with Windows Update. Any solutions for that? Quite annoying Radeon Software isn't working properly

0 Likes