Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

evanswillo
Adept I

AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 VR Issue

Hi,

Just been trying out the AMD Software Preview Driver May 2022 in VR, using HP Reverb G2 and WMR.

When using the normal 90Hz option there is a flickering evident in the HMD. Switching to 60Hz issue goes away.

I see this issue in MS F2020 and in the OPENXR Dev Tool Demo

Returning to Drivers 22.5.1 no issues.

Please can other check.

0 Likes
7 Replies
heavygruff
Adept I

I tested a game via Rx6800/ steam VR/oculus link (link cable)/and the new test driver for may 2022... I didn't try any of the other refresh rates so I will have to play around with that... very unstable and unplayable. I usually just install one of their older drivers that are known to be more stable with VR. (https://youtu.be/lioVEcg2EA4) I'm hoping they'll figure this out soon...

0 Likes

It is a preview driver, no guarantee it will make RTM release. A preview driver (specs) from a year ago has not been implemented.

Use the bug report tool, may get more attention.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
macbrush
Adept I

Some here, it goes away upon changing some settings in WMR Settings page, but it's totally random. Sometimes changing to 60Hz get rid of it, sometimes to 90Hz, sometimes doesn't work either way. Also changing to performance or quality works sometimes as well.

0 Likes

Yes seems to be an issue with the 22.5.2 drivers also.

I have logged a bug, so for now reverting back to Adrenalin 22.4.2 Optional unless anyone can find a solution

0 Likes

for those using a meta quest 2, decrease the refresh rate through the oculus app on PC something like, (left menu > devices > quest 2 > settings.) I decreased mine from 120hz to (i think) 75hz and it removed all of the unstable image issues... not ideal, but acceptable while we wait for a fix

0 Likes
bobjones
Adept I

After weeks and weeks and weeks of troubleshooting I can't believe the answers were here.

Need to roll your graphics drivers back. I'm using 22.2.3 from 2021 and they work.

What a huge waste of time and energy.

0 Likes

At least AMD have know officially acknowledge the issue in the 22.7.1 release notes

• Virtual Reality headsets may flicker with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT Graphics.

Maybe they will release a fix in the next release.