cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

-hype_x7
Journeyman III

AMD software performance monitoring

I just updated my AMD software to the most recent recommended version available 20.1.3. In the older version I used to have the Radeon Wattman open to keep an eye on the performance of my graphics card, mostly the temperature and the fan speed. That version had also on the top left corner the option to view either the max value of the different settings or the average value. The whole software changed, I tried to look for it, but couldn't find anything. I now play with the Performance tab open, but it only shows the current values (numbers) or the values for the past minute if I hover with my mouse. I really wanted the option to see the max value, because I know that this card - RX 580 4GB - has a high default value for the temperature, the fan starts to speed up when it comes close to the 85º mark if it didn't change. I don't even play any games that push it to that, only Euro truck Simulator manages to go above 80 in some cases and Witcher 3, that can also go relatively easy above 80, but in this case, the fan might start speeding even before coming close to 80. I'm a bit paranoid so I feel uncomfortable if I just think that I'm pushing beyond on what should. I just wanted to keep knowing the max value of each setting if there is any option available. Is it somewhere I can't find or was it removed?
Also, sorry for the long text.

0 Likes
4 Replies
hardtecnica
Adept II

You are worried about GPU temperatures, and about VRAM and VRM? 2020 software is a mess, lacking a lot of functions you are used to with a **** smartphone app UI. Rollback to 2019 and put that fan to work until 100%, 80°+ is the way you go to trash your card.

0 Likes

Here are the previous drivers for your graphics card. I have a RX580 8gb and still run 19.12.1 with no issues.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

The max/avg value found near the histogram in previous drivers was removed in the 19.12.3 and later unfortunately. 

As well as Power Efficiency (for RX480 and others once supported) and FRTC. Adrenalin 2020 is a big step back by AMD for the consumers.