Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

scrosedk
Journeyman III

AMD Software installtion freezes win10

Hi, Guys.

I am Michael.

I have just had the latest version of windows 10 installed on my newly assembled desktop computer. The specs of the PC are briefly as follows:

MB: MSI X570-A Pro

CPU: Ryzen 3700X

RAM: Corsair DDR4 16Gx2 3200

Graphics: PowerColor RX480 8G

Whenever I try to install the AMD Software (as shown in Fig.1), it freeze windows 10 and then the machine will just reboot by itself. Both "Express Install" or "Custom Install" will freeze the same soon (like 15sec) after i click on them.

AMD1.png

Fig.1 The AMD Software Installation interface (Freeze soon after clicking on either of the Install options)

Later, i found some solutions on line and successfully installed the Graphics Driver in SAFE-MODE of windows 10 and my RX480 is now working fine. However, It seems that the AMD Control Center has not been installed, for i can't find it in my right-click menu in windows 10 as I did in windows 7.(as shown in Fig.2)

AMD2.png

Fig.2 The right-click menu in windows 10 without the "AMD Control Center"

Since I really miss the AMD control Center, here are my questions: 

1. Is there a way to get rid of the "Freeze" issue so i can install the AMD control center by running the AMD Software Installation?

2. Is there a way to install the AMD Control Center alone?

Looking forward to receiving a reply~

Sincerely

0 Likes
1 Reply
scrosedk
Journeyman III

I eventually made the "Control Center" show up in the Right Click menu by myself!

And the solution was kinda out of my imagination. It was the motherboard's "bios"(H.00) that has been screwing things up all this time. After i flashed the bios to the latest version(H.60) which enhances the compatibility for PCI-E devices, the Control Center just showed up. 

AMD3.png

AMD4.png

However, the Driver is still quite bumpy. It won't allow me to switch on the GPU-scale. Forcing it on will only result in another Freeze and Reboot.

AMD5.png

I know RX480 is not only an out of date model but also a failure in AMD's history and AMD just wants it to become an oblivion ASAP, but it was the death-like silence instead of the technical issue itself that truly offended me. I asked this question half a month ago and NOT EVEN A SINGLE AMD PERSON has even shown up and tried to help? That totally SUCKs! If this is how a customer is treated by AMD, then maybe the right thing to do next time is to go for the combination of NVIDIA+Intel. 

0 Likes