cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Maciej
Adept II

AMD Software Errors

Something has messed up in my AMD Radeon Software after installing drivers. I'm getting following errors while trying to start it. RadeonSettings.exe - System error Can't continue code execution, because didn't find object Qt5Quick.dll. A reinstall may solve the problem. (Something like that)  (I get 3-4 of them, just for different files instead of Qt5Quick.dll)

Should i just use the adrenalin installer and check the box "factory settings"?

• AMD Radeon R7 M260
  • Dell Inspiron 15 5000
  • Windows 10 64bit 10.0. 18363
  • Radeon Software Adrenaline 20.11.2
  • 1366 x 768 LED Screen 48/60 Hz
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 MHz, 2 Cores
  • Dell 08NT2J A00 + BIOS A02
  • Dell 65W LA65NS2-01
  • Samsung 1600Mhz  PC3L-12800 DDR3L 2x4GB (Not sure about the ram at the moment, will keep you updated)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Alright, I am good. Decided to give the AMD factory reset installation a shot... And well. Works as a charm.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Consider it solved. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
25 Replies

I assume Windows 10 OS as the only one supported.

1. Make sure your Windows 10 version is up to date with  the latest windows update patches.

2. Remove all 3rd party GPU OC tools from your system. Even if they came with the GPU. Such as MSI Afterburner, old versions of Sapphire Trixx, etc etc.

3. Open windows cmd shell and run the foillowing checks

chkdsk

chkdsk /scan

sfc /scannow

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

if problems then run:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4. Go to https://www.wagnardsoft.com/ download latest version of DDU. Extract it and create a link to DDU executable on your desktop.

5. Go to https://www.amd.com/en/support and download the latest drivers for your PC.
    [Edit: - Go to Laptop Manufacturer Support page for AMD Drivers specific to your Laptop make and model]

.]

6. Disconnect from internet completely.

7. Boot into Windows 10 safe mode.

8.  Run DDU. Leave settings at default. Remove any traces of previous AMD or Nvidia GPU Drivers. Leave Intel drivers alone.

9. Boot into Windows 10 Normal mode.

10. Run the AMD installer. Do not select Factory Reset Install. You do not need it.

11. Once install completes. Reboot your PC into normal mode again.

12. Once PC powers up you can then reconnect to the internet.

0 Likes

Alrighty, will try all that, but can i just use the factory settings instead? If no, will do all that.

0 Likes

No.

Please run the above steps if you want to get it fixed.
You should run those windows checks/updates anyhow.

I forgot to add one step.

Remove all 3rd party GPU OC tools from your system. Even if they came with the GPU. Such as MSI Afterburner, old versions of Sapphire Trixx, etc etc.

Factory Reset just runs amdcleanuputility.exe which will remove older AMD Driver install and it sets some Windows Registry Entries to prevent Microsoft driver download and install.
Factory Reset can cause problems  with DDU settings.
It does not clear old Nvidia driver registry entries etc  either. Just use DDU and do it properly.

0 Likes

Aight, just it seems a bit complicated, you know, checking one box seems easier:smileyvery-happy:, but thanks, will do that anyway.

I forgot to mention.

Remove all 3rd party GPU OC tools from your system. Even if they came with the GPU. Such as MSI Afterburner, old versions of Sapphire Trixx, etc etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Only for AMD, right? I mean - i only have for intel hd, but that's not the case i guess.

0 Likes

Updated the list to add removal of all 3rd Party GPU OC Tools.

0 Likes

I assume you are running a PC?
You should really add your System Specifications when you post a question.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Motherboard BIOS Version:
RAM:
OS Version:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version: 
PSU:

Type winver at cmd line in Windows to get exact Windows version and build.

Thanks.

0 Likes

And another thing - In fact, i did run sfc /scannow like an hour ago. Should i do it again, or that's fine. Because it said it fixed some stuff.

0 Likes

Please just run the sequence as it is as something may have been corrupted since you last posted. 
And please edit your main question and add the System Specifications.
Normally you will get no answer or help on this Forum unless you post your specifications. 
Thanks.

0 Likes

The main question has been edited. Another question - from what I've seen on the ddu site, you should run it in safe mode, as well as making a system restore point. Is it necessary?(The safe mode makes it more stable, i know)

What do you also mean by downloading the latest drivers. You mean the normal adrenalin installer?

0 Likes

Point 7. Boot into Windows 10 safe mode.
Yes you should run DDU in safe mode please.

Regarding creating a restore point, yes you can do that just in case something goes horribly wrong.
Personally I use Full Windows 7 System Backup every week on my Windows 10 PCs.
I also stay on one Windows 10 release behind the latest if possible.

I just upgraded all machines to Windows 10 2004 - Which seems to be needed for the latest versions of Adrenalin 2020 to work properly.

There is no way I am becoming a Microsoft Lab Rat and installing their October 2020 Update.
They test their OS "In the field" on "the herd" and take no responsibility for your wrecked data or PC or lost time and productivity  when it goes wrong.

0 Likes

RE:  What do you also mean by downloading the latest drivers. You mean the normal adrenalin installer?

Just seen your specifications - Laptop correct?

You should go to Dell Support and ask them what the latest recommended Driver is for your laptop first, just in case you cannot use the driver available from the AMD Site.

Your GPU is:
AMD Radeon R7 M260

0 Likes

Looked up the Dell Website.

Not sure this is your exact model ...

But take a look:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5505-laptop/drivers

AMD Graphics Driver URGENT
Video26 Nov 2020

Version

27.20.11020.11001, A04|Older versions

Last Updated Date

27 Nov 2020

File Name

AMD-Graphics-Driver_Y41VR_WIN64_27.20.11020.11001_A04.EXE

File size

521.78 MB

Description

This package contains the AMD graphics driver. A graphics or video driver is the software that enables communication between the graphics card and the operating system, games, and applications.

You need to go to the Dell Website and check the AMD Driver you need.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Can't i just download the installer that autodetects it?

0 Likes

Hi, 

Since you have a Dell Laptop you should go to the Dell Website by whatever means necessary (Dell Support/Auto Driver Detect Software, Log in, find your laptop, download drivers. call Dell Support, whatever. 

RE: Private Message. 

Please request help on this Thread. 
I am logging off for the rest of today. 
Others may be able to help you from here. 
Thanks. 

"Before you update your AMD GPU Drivers you are supposed to update to the latest version of Windows and Windows patches. 

It is in the AMD Driver installation notes. 
Now I am not sure if you are on Windows 10 19.09 or 2004 or October 2020 Update. 

If I were you I would make sure you are on the latest patched version of 2004. 
I would avoid the latest October 2020 Update if I were you. 

I do not post the advice for a joke. 
Please follow the steps. 

Please note it looks like you need to download the Drivers for your laptop from the Dell Website. 
You need to make sure you use the EXACT model number. 

I will post this response to the Forum." 

0 Likes

The funniest thing is that the problem happened right after installing dell amd drivers.

0 Likes

In that case it may be because your Windows install is not up to date, or your windows install was corrupted,or standard driver uninstall and update used by Dell does not fix corrupted registry entries.

Note I did not know you had a laptop until you posted the specs, as soon as i did know that I told you to go to Dell for the GPU Drivers. 

I suggest you go through the entire Windows Update to version 2004 with latest patches, Windows checks, DDU to remove older driver and then install the latest Dell Driver. 

If the driver is still not working correctly then you need to contact Dell Support. 

Thanks.  

0 Likes

Alright, I am good. Decided to give the AMD factory reset installation a shot... And well. Works as a charm.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Consider it solved. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes

Glad you got it working. 
Sure that running disk checks and windows updates had nothing to do with it.

Well, I've did run chkdsk and sfc /scannow, even if it wasn't the issue, always good to do them from time to time to make sure everything is in order.

0 Likes

I created the following thread:
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-driver-fix-and-install-using-ddu/td-p/426238

Make sure you have removed all PC overclocking on CPU, RAM, GPU CLK and VRAM.

Good luck with reinstall.

0 Likes

You should really add your System Specifications when you post a question.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Motherboard BIOS Version:
RAM:
OS Version:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version: 
PSU:

Type winver at cmd line in Windows to get exact Windows version and build.

Web hosting in India, Best web hosting in India, cheapest web hosting in India
0 Likes

Does not seem to work. I always have trouble installing AMD graphics or chipset drivers, when I format my system. I keep getting the missing object error around 5 times ewch time I try to install the graphics drivers; both after install and after restart.

0 Likes