cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BlackSabbath
Adept II

Amd software crash Adrenalin 21.4.1 and Adrenalin 21.5.2

Hello i have problem with crash software when i play game i got double icons on windows bar and immediately amd software crash (radeon RX5700XT Red Devil ) but drivers work normal only amd centar(software) crash i try unistall drivers,install fresh windows same thing happens

17 Replies
BlackSabbath
Adept II

This is error

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1862, time stamp: 0x609a2c73
Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.14.1.0, time stamp: 0x5e6f5e90
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000004140
Faulting process id: 0x23dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d756ce94a7f288
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Core.dll
Report Id: a7cfb48f-bd70-4037-9b76-045bc7886002
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

0 Likes

I am sorry to hear that, but at the same time I am glad that it is not happening only to me. I have a Saphire Pulse 5700 XT and since I updated to the same Adrenalin driver versions. I used both the new AMD cleanup utility and DDU, but the result is exactly the same.

Silverstar
Adept I

This is the current plague for all radeon users, I can't play ANYTHNG with any confidence that it will not break and cause a reboot.

I have submitted several bugs and have just resorted to sending AMD the footage I had captured on my channel to show how sudden and total the issue is because I have yet to hear anything from them about this.

sadly, none of the fixes suggested by the community have worked and I fear I may have to resort to fighting for an RMA on the card because this makes it totally unusable for any kind of gaming

gilardes
Adept II

Same here. But it mostly happens immediately after a fresh boot or after the screen sleeps and wakes up.

Basically, if I turn on my PC and return after a while (the PC boots and sleeps a bit before I am done at the restroom and sit at the computer in the morning, for example), I'll see multiple instances of the Radeon software in the system tray. They go away when you hover over them and only one remains. This tells me that it crashed and restarted multiple times. As I said, the same happens after a sleep/wake up cycle as well.

The driver works fine though. I am on 21.4.1 and it has been truly the most stable and competent driver for 6800xt so far.

Another thing I have also experienced is related to the performance metrics overlay. Sometimes, when I hit the shortcut, it shows me completely bogus letters and numbers for temperature etc. This can be resolved by manually terminating Radeon software in Task Manager. It instantly restarts on its own and the problem usually goes away on first try.

Weird stuff. But I'll be happy as long as the driver stays stable like this. I can live with an occasionally borked software.

0 Likes
erickgruis
Adept I

Same here!  My system just started crashing constantly and eventually I couldn't even fully load the desktop.  I just wasted hours reinstalling windows and fresh drivers and 2 minutes into gaming my system reboots.

Come on AMD!  This is utterly ridiculous.  These cards have been out a long time and we are getting regression on the drivers.  I know driver software is difficult and complex but why release 2 garbage updates and call one of the WHQL?

0 Likes

Wow! That's worse than anything I've ever heard of! You sure you aren't running a mobo That's nvidia based with a ryzen and radeon card?

0 Likes

You could try and boot into a linux environment from USB, and load their official linux drivers. If the problem doesn't persist, it's most like an issue with the latest update from windows and adrenaline clashing. This issue comes up every few weeks on the forums here, usually things used to get marked as "Solved" so they wouldn't appear in the future. You can use google's cache searching facility to go through older posts and try to find a solution that worked for you. Community managers will try their best to mark solutions as "Solved" if they can, it helps maintain a more positive image (sorry community managers, but so many posts related to this topic were marked as solved, and almost every single person responding including the op did not agree that it was solved).

To use google's cache search facilities, head on over to https://google.com and in the search bar type:

Spoiler
cache: REPLACE_THIS_TEXT
0 Likes

Maybe one suggestion then is to pin into one post the solutions for this issue, because even googling, as suggested, I was not able to find a "solved" post. I changed my GPU, did a clean install of Windows, and the error persists. Now every time I turn VR on, I get a lot of adrenalin icons on my taskbar.

0 Likes

I downloaded the latest Windows updates yesterday before calling it a day and have not noticed this happening even once today. I might be speaking too early, but it seems to be resolved. I am still on 21.4.1 by the way, if anyone is wondering.

Definitely spoke too soon.

It crashes everytime I play MSFS (in example). Is becoming so much annoying! I had to move back ot 21.3.1 form March to REDUCE (not to avoid completely) crashes.

0 Likes

Тоже самое и у меня, вчера днем поставил комп на сон, через 6 часов прихожу, комп выключен, я его включил и у меня начались фризы мышки, разрывы картинки на рабочем столе, короче я не знаю, что мне делать!!!

0 Likes

I think this started on version 21.3.1. Before that, I never had this error before. In my case, every time I play a game, or in the case of VR, I go from non-VR to VR, is crashes. What is weird is that It doesn't affect my gaming experience. Not in a way I can see it though.

I just know that it crashed because of the collection of Adrenalin icons I get in the task bar.

0 Likes

I got the notification that the topic has been solved. I have understood it didn't. Has it being solved for sure?

0 Likes

nop same cr...after i turn on today pc same double icons and same error

0 Likes

It happened only once today after booting my computer. Still no error this far. I am not completely sure, but I think it's related to NET framework. See if you have an optional Windows update for it and try getting it.

0 Likes

Hi!

I don't know what you talk about?!?!? Only these two versions are do crashing in games???

I have sapphire RX590 8GB Nitro+ since about 2 years, all versions of the software are crashed when I played games like:
Destiny 2, Rage 2 and DLCs, Horizon Zero Dawn, Death Stranding, Quake Champions, Metro Exodus and DLCs, Serious Sam 4, Subnautica Below Zero, Cyberpunk 2077.

I try to slove this but unfortunatelly I haven't found any solution yet.

The base things NOT help, like setup the latest driver for the card and windows, or not overclocking, or nvidia driver on the computer ect.

Another things NOT solve the problem:
- fan tuning to take the temperature below 70°C
-  the max acustic limit
- the powersaving thing in windows
- the same GPU clock for the 7 condition (the result: restart the PC)
- the max GPU clock change to the Base Frequency

Sometimes it solve but most of time NOT:
- Fix FPS, or Vsync in the game (the best)
- fan tuning to take the temperature below 70°C (it works on Destiny 2, Horizon Zero Dawn but the others NOT)