cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

photomanrob
Journeyman III

AMD Software and Driver Version Do Not Match

I have an HP laptop, Windows 11, with Radeon Ryzen 7 5700U. 

Software version 10.21.10043.0

Driver version 30.0.13044.0

Since auto Microsoft Updates on 5 -11-22 I can not open the AMD software settings panel. I get the message that software and driver versions do not match and to update them. I go to AMD Driver and Software Updates site and key in my info and it does NOT show a Ryzen7 5700U. I am at a loss - please help. I have hade this new laptop for only 5 months.

2 Solutions

Sometimes I find Windows Update forces in an older/different AMD graphics driver and afterwards you cannot open the AMD software interface.

What worked for me was to go to device manager, get properties on the display adapter, click on the driver tab, and roll back the driver. Then the AMD software works again like nothing happened.

View solution in original post

RMPJR
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problems, can't open panel and no Ryzen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Quarter999
Journeyman III

I am having the same issue

Sometimes I find Windows Update forces in an older/different AMD graphics driver and afterwards you cannot open the AMD software interface.

What worked for me was to go to device manager, get properties on the display adapter, click on the driver tab, and roll back the driver. Then the AMD software works again like nothing happened.

I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thank you for your help!

Thanks again,

photomanrob

0 Likes

Unfortunately I'm not getting that option/ It's greyed out 

Same here. greyed out.

0 Likes
RMPJR
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problems, can't open panel and no Ryzen.

0 Likes