Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zmeu04
Adept I

amd software adrenaline edition 22.7.1 metrics problem

hy everyone

have some problem witch the metrics...  work perfectly when i'm on desktop but if i start any game it's dissapear. i already have check the option of  "in game-overlay"   and also metrics overlay is enable. can't undestand what's the problem. already have try crtl+z ctrl +o...doesn't happen anything when i'm in game.

i saw in mine version  is missing the streaming botton in the top of general menu, have just home, gaming and performance...can this be a problem ? the application isn't complete ?

anyway any driver is already updated al the last version.

0 Likes
8 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

It seems like Windows messed up your drivers so I strongly recommend doing the Group Policy editor to stop Windows update from downloading drivers. After this run DDU. Then restart and reinstall 22.7.1. 

Click performance then it will have metrics and an overlay option.

The hot key combo for overlay is "ctrl+shift+o" all at the same time.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

never use DDU, use AMD cleanup utility official.

its CTRL + SHIFT + O

check your hot keys listing. you need to go adrenaline driver control panel and click settings cog top right then go to was it system, ensure overlay is enabled, then maybe in performance click show metrics and enable metrics in recording/screencapture. you can in the performance settings somewhere enable what is shown in metrics and the scale or size, if you game 8k the font may look tiny.

0 Likes

You are right the hot keys are "ctr + shift + o". DDU works the same as if not better than AMD Cleanup Utility. He can't see the Record and Capture section.  It is because Windows went and installed their crappy drivers my dude. He should Disable Windows Update from updating GPU drivers. After that run DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility both work by removing drivers and anything left over. After that he should reinstall 22.7.1.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

Why would you say not to use DDU?

0 Likes

thank you for your answer but doesn't work for me

i've downloaded  amd cleanup utility, have clean up any driver and after i reinstall the last version of adrenaline, during the installation i choose to cleen up any seting and back to the fabric setup but the problem doesn't resolve... when i'm on desktop evrything works fine all the metrics that i've choose it's available but when i start the game it's dissapear... if a type alt+tab to return at desktop metrics come back. ..the option in game overlay and metrics overlay it's enable...but i cant' enable metrics in recording/screencapture, the botton doesn't exist. i have try ctrl+shift+o...doesnt work...they also indicate alt+r to have access at radeon overlay for the configuration in game but when i try it amd softwere it's simply dissapear...doesn't open anything

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Is it like this with every game or just specific titles? Have you tried previous driver versions? Is the Record and Stream tab missing completely? Does your version of Adrenaline look like this? 

cpurpe91_0-1659971121640.png

0 Likes

doesn't look like that...i've tried with some games call of duty warzone...elden ring ... gta V ...same problem all time, everything works fine when i'm on desktop but when the game's open the metrics crash down. my version is 22.8.1 Screenshot (3).png

0 Likes

didn't try the previous version i've seen lot's of topics about same metrics problem since 02/2021 (version 21.1) ...doesn't know i version befor work's fine ... for the moment i use msi afterbourn

0 Likes