cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

NotMegumin
Journeyman III

AMD Software Adrenalin error PA-300, then error 205.

AMD, you're giving me an aneurysm.

Turned on my PC, some Windows updates before logging in. I log into Steam, set a timer, launch a quick game while the soup's cooking back in the kitchen, Alt+R to record, to maybe upload some funny moments on YouTube-- nothing pops up, *sigh*. It's not surprising that there's a problem, more often than not, AMD's the budget brand, whatever, tabbed-out I go into Adrenalin Edition software manually to start recording, but something's decided it's time for an early Christmas present i.e.

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Warning

The version of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versions of AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition that may currently be installed. A factory reset of your AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition installation is recommended. More information about this problem can be found at "https://amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300."

And after the instant and insufferably bitter regret having switched vendors from NVIDIA to AMD, and contemplation of my life choices, I uninstall the current AMD Software, bar on the bottom of the screen still having the icon of the software for some reason-- whatever, and I download the latest installer from AMD's site after the reboot.

"Full Installation", check, "Factory", check, driver, Recommended, check. Install. Reboot, installation-- Error 205, Software was successfully installed (was not, nor does it show up on programs list, interesting), Windows may have reverted drivers (???).

I repeat the process, maybe it was a bad installation, whatever, happens to everyone and everything now and again, but literally five attempts later, still the same issue.

All this . . . a fresh OS installation, getting gouged 470 Euro for my RX 6600 non-XT, after waiting half a year on an UHD-700 iGPU for prices to never come back down to Earth . . .

Jesus Christ . . . give me strength, or better yet and ideally, someone, anyone, help.

2 Replies
herr_q
Journeyman III

So I wake up to the same thing happening. Worst part is when i go to the site the RECOMMENDED drivers for AMD Adrenalin is the same version i have installed so i need to install the Optional ones. I dont want to install OPTIONAL drivers even the recommend ones are always pain no matter the version since my usage past year. You probably reinstalled drivers with the same version you had that can be the cause of errors?

0 Likes
iMinato01
Journeyman III

Hello!, something similar happened to me a while ago. First try to disable windows driver updates (Here), After doing that, uninstall the drivers you currently have with the DDU Tool (important with this tool to do a deep clean), and then install the driver version you had before or the one you prefer. That fixed the problem for me, I hope it helps you!

0 Likes