cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Calebblinn
Journeyman III

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition won't stop crashing.

I've been experiencing the AMD Adrenalin Software opening for only two seconds and then the window will just disappear without fully closing (the icon is still running in my task bar and task manager). I'm running on 22.8.2 and have tried to rollback as far as 22.5.2 with driver only installs and minimal installs and no matter what version of driver I am on the adrenalin software wont stay open. The drivers are also working 100% as I can play games like Warzone and Apex Legends at constant 144 with no stuttering. I always have known AMD to be absolutely terrible with their own software integration and its always been a nightmare trying to use Adrenalin over something like Nvidia Control Panel, but its still definitely needed as I had custom color and graphics settings tuned perfectly for each game that cannot be accessed at all now. I've tried everything regarding the graphics drivers and adrenalin software, uninstalling them and reinstalling multiple times, and have even tried turning off my memory X.M.P config in bios and still nothing seems to help. This popped up literally out of nowhere so any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

When I had this issue, after going from 22.8.1 to 22.8.2, I had to use a utility like AMD Cleanup Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode then again after the normal boot to remove my drivers. Then I had to redownload the 22.8.2 drivers from AMD's site and install again using the factory reset option.

IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL LOSE OLD PROFILES. 

Doing so did fix the crashing though. Good luck. I hope this helps.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes