cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andkatsaras
Adept II

AMD Software Adrenalin Edition 23.2.2 Causing Crashes

After I installed the new adrenalin 23.2.2 drivers my computer keeps crashing. I can't game from more that 10-15 minutes or edit videos from more than 30 minutes, and the computer just crashes. Nothing like that happened before! Only after downloading this new update my computer is continuously crashing. I tried everything and I seriously don't know what to do. Any help or anyone else having similar problems?

1 Solution

You are 100% right. The problem is 100% on AMD's drivers. I confirmed it today. I had a clean reboot of the pc, the tried with new drivers and was still crashing. Then I did the same but with 23.2.1 drivers and still crashing. Then, yet again a clean boot but this time with 22.11.2 drivers and the pc runs like a dream. No crashes, no issues whatsoever. 23.2.1 and 23.2.2 drivers are sh*t and should be avoided at all costs.

View solution in original post

57 Replies
ChrisMeli
Journeyman III

I installed 23.2.2 on my Ryzen-based machine with RX 580 card last night and have had multiple crashes. I saw a response about voltage issues and that seems to be in line with the behavior I see. I had no problems with 23.2.1 so I am downgrading.

0 Likes

Update:

- Note that my crashes are not during gaming, just normal use

- I used device driver to uninstall the adapter

- I used AMD Cleanup Utility to try to remove all of the driver files (this first reboots into safe mode)

- This gave me "completed with warnings", but on pressing "show report", nothing showed

- I rebooted then installed 23.2.1. After its reboot - same crashing as under 23.2.2. I never experienced this before. I suspect either 23.2.2 made some change that was not removed by Cleanup or something else new might be interfering (I have not made any other software changes to my knowledge).

- I notice that there is a correlation between the Windows 10 startup screen and whether I get crashes. If I get the default "beach" startup screen, the system does not crash. If I reboot and get the random screen fed from Microsoft, I get the crash, and the reboot brings me back to the "beach" screen. I also hear a "pop" in the speakers upon this "good" reboot, which leads me to believe there is some kind of electrical reset happening on reboot.

- When I have more time later I plan to downgrade further and see whether this stabilizes the situation. For now the system seems stable after the "beach" login screen.

Gagabuba
Adept II

Using ASUS B550-Plus Wifi2, paired with 5600x and 6900xt I built 4 months ago. I don't understand HOW. I am using 6900XT and two days ago I downloaded the accursed gpu driver update known as 23.2.2. Yesterday was ok, but today, I get a crash every 15 minutes and strangely the pc stays closed, doesn't reboot, I dont even get a black screen it's a sudden RANDOM instant shutdown. If I turn on the pc after the crash, sometimes it will crash again after five seconds, right before image comes up on post logo, then it takes itself to safe mode and strangely I don't get crashes when I'm on windows safe mode nor Bios screen. (Haven't thoroughly tested crashes on bios and safe mode though, just my initial observation, might start crashing there too, I don't know)

So I checked here and sighed a relief that it was driver related. Downloaded DDU and uninstalled 23.2.2 on safe mode. Downloaded 22.11.2 again and installed it, suddenly it crashed again while installing, so I DDU'd on safe mode again and installed 22.11.2. Restarted and everything was going fine. Gave the gpu a 5 minute stress test just to make sure, no crashes, cool. Then again, I get a random crash while I'm scrolling Adrenaline options(didn't even change anything), ON 22.11.2.

22.11.2 was working properly last day but after updating to 23.2.2, after crashes uninstalling it, and reinstalling 22.11.2, I'm still getting crashes. Can someone please help me? I'm going to try even older ones and hopefully come back with results... I'm pulling my hairs out...

0 Likes
TommyKittle
Adept I

i think its also windows fault because i just encounter this problem but i have 7900xtx and before updating my pc, everything was working fine but now nah of the 7900 solo drivers or the 23.2.x versions either, RIP AMD

0 Likes
Tekcon
Journeyman III

I have been having a very similar problem. Using the latest Drivers for my Sapphire 7900 XTX Pulse, I can game, watch YouTube, browse the web, etc. with no problems, but once I STOP (exit the game, go back to desktop, quit Full Screen mode, etc.) my PC will freeze/lock up/become unresponsive. I have to perform a full hard restart in order to get my PC to function again.

I eventually found that the 23.1.1 driver (after AMD Cleanup, DDU, etc in SafeMode) works like a charm, I do not get the freezes/lockups/etc. It’s only with the drivers released in Feb 23.2.2 and 23.2.1 that have caused this problem.

I’ve got a temporary work around and will be keeping the 23.1.1 installer saved until this gets fixed, but this is a pain. There are no crash logs or anything written in event viewer (again, this is a hard freeze so the machine is unable to perform any processes).

Additional Info:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
Mobo: B550 Asus Gaming-wifi
Memory: 32GB DDR4 3600–speed
PSU: 850W Seasonic Prime 
Display: 27” 1440P Dell Gaming IPS via DisplayPort 1.4 connection

Freeze/Crash/Lockups seem to be fairly consistent with DX11 and DX10 games (lately playing Jedi Fallen Order and BioShock Infinite), not with DX12 or Vulcan (Cyberpunk 2077) . Hope some of this info helps identify the culprit here.

Exactly same issues for me. Latest driver working is 23.1.1. Otherwise constant crashes while watching yt or browsing internet

0 Likes
Czecher
Adept I

Good evening guys,

I did built a new pc on 03.03.2023 and I can't game since the PC keeps crashing because of driver.

I have 7900 XTX 24GB, and I tried to downgrade to 23.2.1 and the game keeps running for now.

It always says  'LiveKernelEvent' 141 and a100001 along with some bluescreens 113, not sure what is that.

Also when I start FreeSync Premium my monitor is flickering, If I turn off FreeSync Premium and only use the normal one it is going well, not a monitor issue since I tried 2 monitors.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you so much.

Czecher

0 Likes
hara6oto1990
Journeyman III

My PC gave me a blue screen once only. But Forza horizon is artefacting on some areas with any driver after 22.11.2. I think that is the last stable driver for 6xxx series for now and I will also stick with it.

0 Likes
Realmjumper
Journeyman III

It may be the current drivers at not WHQL (Windows approved) so just rollback the driver to the previous version. Install the old version you can download it from AMD.com. 

0 Likes
trickybanana
Journeyman III

Yeah i see i joined this gang with my 7900xt. Cant run anything newer than 23.1.1 cuz of crashes while using browser (chrome or firefox). How it's possible that we have advanced AI like GPT4 and not working drivers for so long? Outrageous

Bunny89
Adept I

Just dont download anything or Adrenaline , bcs he automatic download drivers...i did it 4 time and try to off some drivera update but no use...4 time crash and 4 time i instal clean windows again...devolapers and people who works here dont look to much and try what they done with drivers...

it happens on all drivers, amd is just **bleep** ngl, they dont care or they dont even know about his stupid annoying bug, ive been getting it 1 year ago, tried every thing, reinstalled windows, drivers, and everything u can expect 

0 Likes

try to download 22.11.2 and dont do update more , let it be on that update...it works fine , not good but you can use pc and play some games

0 Likes

tried this aswell

0 Likes
Vanix2
Adept II

Im literally having the same stupid annoying driver timeout bug, every single time i launch a game it either suddenly freezes and crashes or it crashes after 5 mins and it says "AMD driver timeout" something like that, tried every single method and im so facing it (been trying from 4 months i swear... literally 4 months of trying) and i cant game for 3 hours straight because of the driver timeout i get.

ive a ryzen 5 5600g incase if anyone else facing the same issue as mine. 

I tryed this 22.11.2 on my old but gold rx550/500 and works fine , when she can go fine and not crash it is good , but again you will not have best from game what you need , you will maybe have some delay or spike's ( just maybe) gl bro and try it

0 Likes

I tried that man, im literally struggling with this annoying bug for months, cant have fun always crashing mid game, always trying for hours and then it doesnt crash for like 4-5 hrs and then it starts crashing again for the another 6 hours, this **bleep** is boring ... you cant feel me and stupid AMD doesnt give a single fu.ck about this error i see

I literally replaced the apu with a new one and still, its a driver bug from stupid amd

Bunny89
Adept I

23.4.2 driver uodate is good for now, didnt get bluescreen or something like that feel free to download

0 Likes