cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

xkingakumax
Journeyman III

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2 - Black Screen No Signal

The release notes say that the high refresh rate and low refresh rate was fixed I'm running 2 4k 144hz monitors and i'm still getting black screen no signal CONSTANTLY I'm lucky to be able to play anything at all as it is so random and also after a reboot from the black screen it says wattman reset due to crash

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
ASUS Tuff 6900xt
2x Samsung 980pro 2TB NVME
Asus X570-E Gaming Motherboard
Corsair Vengence 3600 64gb Memory
2x Gigabyte M32UC Monitors

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.11.2

Highlights

Fixed Issues

• During video playback and window switching, an intermittent driver timeout or black screen may occur on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs using some 240Hz refresh rate displays or high refresh rate primary display plus low refresh rate secondary display configurations.
  • Stuttering may occur during video playback using hardware acceleration with Firefox on Radeon™ RX 6000 series GPUs.

I have used DDU to uninstall, I've used the AMD uninstaller, I've also uninstalled armory crate, I've removed the devices from regedit, i've turned off freesync, changed refresh rates on second monitor.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Drakyry
Adept II

Yes, common problem. Check this thread out: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/disabling-mpo-multiplace-overlay-can-improve-some-desktop-apps-fli...

The temporary solution is to disable the MPO. In my case the crashes happened much more often when alt-tabbing/switching monitors (though they werent exclusive to those 2 things), and disabling MPO fixed them almost completely (with the exception of rare mpc-hc with madvr related crashes, but thats a whole separate deal alltogether).

0 Likes

Mine only seems to happen while playing Destiny 2 and Call of Duty MW2 & Warzone 2.0...

I have no had it black screen while performing daily tasks, emails, web browsing etc.

I will attempt the MPO disable this evening, Fingers Crossed.

0 Likes